4.0 out of 5 stars Jesus for the 'New Earth'
The reference to the New Earth in the above title is to Tolle's book 'A New Earth'. This book by Chopra will be an asset to those who have read and enjoyed Tolle's book, but Chopra definitely does not make any friends in the 'Evangelical Christian' group.

Published on Nov. 27 2008 by Unicorn

3.0 out of 5 stars Good insight
Good insight but a little bit repetitive. The general suggestion is that Christianity has lot perspective on Jesus' true teachings. I wonder what Deepak Chopra thinks of 'Zealot'?
Published 16 months ago by A. MacFarlane

4.0 out of 5 stars Jesus for the 'New Earth', Nov. 27 2008

I found this book to be useful in melding a Christian faith background with my attempt to achieve higher consciousness. Often I would feel a conflict between the teachings of the Bible and the meditations of everyday spirituality. This book assists in finding a path that blends the two.

As I mentioned, the Evangelical Christians will not appreciate this book because their faith has no 'wiggle room' about Jesus. Their belief will not be altered by this book. But those of us that are looking for a different approach may find this book beneficial.

5.0 out of 5 stars For those who want in-depth understanding, May 31 2011
B. Dewhirst (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Third Jesus: The Christ We Cannot Ignore (Paperback)
This book helped me to reconcile some of the teachings of my church with my personal beliefs. Oten I found that the church's wording sounded too harsh. Chopra explains some of these harsh quotes in great detail. He explains what Jesus meant and why he had to express himself the way he did. In addition to providing great insights as to the real message that Jesus came to convey,he provides some valuable meditation techniques. Chopra's basic message is that the churches have failed to convey the real teachings of Christ and as a result the development of human consciousness has suffered. This book if read, studied and worked with, can be an invaluable tool for any person to improve his/her level of spiritual awareness and consequently his/her life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus for Now, July 27 2008
Salutaris (Kingston ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This is excellent reading for anyone who is interested in the present state of the world's spiritual awareness. This is a new and thought provoking interpretation of the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. We all need to think deeply about this.

5.0 out of 5 stars What we need to know, Jan. 9 2011
This review is from: The Third Jesus: The Christ We Cannot Ignore (Paperback)
This is a great book. I realize it is a bit unorthodox and may upset some people, but there is great truth in it. Jesus was not the man portrayed in the New Testament. Who he actually was, we will never know, but his message of love and compassion is what we have to remember. There is no doubt that many of the accounts in the four gospels are inaccurate. A person of love and compassion would not have had many of those thoughts. We have to realize that these gospels were written by men at a later time. Some of the facts may have become blurred in their memories. Also, it is possible they tried to portray Jesus in the way they felt he should have been. I feel Jesus was a perfect soul given to us by God to teach us many important lessons. That we have ignored most of these lessons is our shame and it is time that we rethink just who Jesus was. This book is an excellent way to do that. I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile read, May 14 2011
This review is from: The Third Jesus: The Christ We Cannot Ignore (Paperback)
Chopra presents a thoughtful consideration of Jesus in his historical context, Jesus as the Christian church has understood his life and ministry, and Jesus as seen through the eyes of contemporary spirituality. A very positive reflection of many Bible passages....and a confirmation of the Christian perspective without needing it to be exclusive.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good insight, Aug. 19 2013
A. MacFarlane (Canada) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Floundering in the sea of Christianity, Aug. 13 2008
J. Aviles "The Singer" (Calgary, AB, Canada) - See all my reviews
At its best, this book is a very poor excuse to use the name of Jesus to support a rather wishy-washy approach to "eastern" religion. Chopra lists verse after verse from the Bible to put down what he thinks is Christianity, which ends up being nothing else than his childhood encounters with mal-practiced Catholicism.

To top it all, he contradicts himself too many times to take his writings seriously. For instance, he quotes Jesus criticism over those who pray with hollow repetitive words, and then proceeds to suggest this very practice as one of the spiritual exercises to be followed to achieve God-consciousness.

Perhaps the sadest fault within Chopra's volume is the fact that he shows a very poor understanding of Jesus and who He really was and IS. He fails for example to make reference to the foundation of New Testament Christianity: the Spirit of God living within His followers - The ultimate God-consciousness!

True Christianity, Mr. Chopra, is none of the religious attempts you criticize in your book, but a journey of submission that changes your life from the inside out.

In brief: the Third Jesus is a pseudo-logical waste of time!

1.0 out of 5 stars Jesus ?, July 23 2008
A. Szwed "hypnosman.com" (Vaughan ON CND) - See all my reviews
How can Chopra write about a man that he does not even know the truth about. If you want to know the truth about Jmmanuel A.K.A. Jesus then read the Talmud Jmmanuel 4th edition by Meier and you will learn the true teachings of spirituality from the mouth of Jmmanuel himself.

The Third Jesus: The Christ We Cannot Ignore
The Third Jesus: The Christ We Cannot Ignore by Deepak Chopra (Paperback - May 19 2009)
CDN$ 18.95 CDN$ 13.68