march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Kitchen Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Paperback|Change

on November 27, 2008
The reference to the New Earth in the above title is to Tolle's book 'A New Earth'. This book by Chopra will be an asset to those who have read and enjoyed Tolle's book, but Chopra definitely does not make any friends in the 'Evangelical Christian' group.

I found this book to be useful in melding a Christian faith background with my attempt to achieve higher consciousness. Often I would feel a conflict between the teachings of the Bible and the meditations of everyday spirituality. This book assists in finding a path that blends the two.

As I mentioned, the Evangelical Christians will not appreciate this book because their faith has no 'wiggle room' about Jesus. Their belief will not be altered by this book. But those of us that are looking for a different approach may find this book beneficial.
on May 31, 2011
This book helped me to reconcile some of the teachings of my church with my personal beliefs. Oten I found that the church's wording sounded too harsh. Chopra explains some of these harsh quotes in great detail. He explains what Jesus meant and why he had to express himself the way he did. In addition to providing great insights as to the real message that Jesus came to convey,he provides some valuable meditation techniques. Chopra's basic message is that the churches have failed to convey the real teachings of Christ and as a result the development of human consciousness has suffered. This book if read, studied and worked with, can be an invaluable tool for any person to improve his/her level of spiritual awareness and consequently his/her life.
on July 27, 2008
This is excellent reading for anyone who is interested in the present state of the world's spiritual awareness. This is a new and thought provoking interpretation of the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. We all need to think deeply about this.
on January 9, 2011
This is a great book. I realize it is a bit unorthodox and may upset some people, but there is great truth in it. Jesus was not the man portrayed in the New Testament. Who he actually was, we will never know, but his message of love and compassion is what we have to remember. There is no doubt that many of the accounts in the four gospels are inaccurate. A person of love and compassion would not have had many of those thoughts. We have to realize that these gospels were written by men at a later time. Some of the facts may have become blurred in their memories. Also, it is possible they tried to portray Jesus in the way they felt he should have been. I feel Jesus was a perfect soul given to us by God to teach us many important lessons. That we have ignored most of these lessons is our shame and it is time that we rethink just who Jesus was. This book is an excellent way to do that. I highly recommend it.
on May 14, 2011
Chopra presents a thoughtful consideration of Jesus in his historical context, Jesus as the Christian church has understood his life and ministry, and Jesus as seen through the eyes of contemporary spirituality. A very positive reflection of many Bible passages....and a confirmation of the Christian perspective without needing it to be exclusive.
on March 20, 2015
I was ready for this book after going through what i call a detox, by withdrawing from organized religion three years ago and still counting,Before I would roll my eyes if i heard Deepaks name mentioned But the depth of this book is at times breathtaking It has become a companion to reread a section at a time before meditating
on January 16, 2016
Not my favorite version of life of Jesus
on January 29, 2015
Superb from beginning to end!
on October 2, 2015
Excellent book
on August 19, 2013
Good insight but a little bit repetitive. The general suggestion is that Christianity has lot perspective on Jesus' true teachings. I wonder what Deepak Chopra thinks of 'Zealot'?