biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: HardcoverChange

on February 9, 2016
Very interesting thinking !
on February 4, 2016
Clearly written to keep the reader's attention on an interesting
topic. Lots of useful information.
on February 3, 2016
This book is wonderful. It helped me to recognize my power as a person with introverted tendencies. It changed the way I saw myself. I used to think of introversion as something that I had to overcome, or work around, but now I see it as a strength, which it clearly is. The research and work that went into this book is astounding. Well written and extremely interesting. Grateful to have read this.
on January 25, 2016
Good
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2016
Well written and informative. Informative because it follows a logical path in describing how society and culture shaped the establishment of these specific labels in society - introvert/extrovert.
Personally not one for labels because it can result in absolute thinking for some which is both lazy and ignorant. However Cain utilizes both evidence and personal experience to provide balance and insight into the development of "personality".
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 26, 2015
Important to read this book if you are an introvert or want to understand someone who is!
on November 19, 2015
This book was less interesting than I thought it would be
on November 16, 2015
Life-changing read.
on October 31, 2015
very informative, good reading
on October 26, 2015
This book helps us understand the development of our personalities and how our personalities affect our daily lives. Cain describes the usual traits and behaviours of extroverts and introverts and backs up her interpretations from research. Her explanation about the workings of such body organs as the human brain,and the nervous and endocrine systems bring the reader up to date with the latest scientific findings and are written with a clarity that is understandable to readers with or without a scientific background. She takes us further by listing suggestions that can help individuals struggling against their "natural" extrovert or introvert personalities. And she implores society to value the introverts who usually contribute to society in a quiet manner. This book was a useful reference for the article I wrote directed to child caregivers describing how our personalities affect our well-being--the article appearing in the internet journal published by Child Research Net.