march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage scflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 26, 2016
Nice read. As an introvert, I feel I know more about myself and became more confident.
on April 13, 2016
This book had some really valuable information for people like myself, who get along with others, but consider themselves anti-social. There's a huge difference between being anti-social and being an introvert, and I didn't know this before. It is well written, with amazing facts about the impact on the world made by the "less-insistent" people. It made me feel more powerful and confident with my inability to demand that people listen to me.

If you are a parent with a child who would rather take a back seat, it is important that you read this book, as they can be just as successful, if not more so, as the child barking orders from the front of the classroom.
on April 12, 2016
Wonderfully written, lots of food for thought. Great Amazon price.
on April 10, 2016
Interesting read!
on March 31, 2016
This book is made for those of us wondering, "Why don't I fit in?" It has answered many questions about my personality and given me a sense of pride (as well as justification) for what others may view as quirks. I really enjoy the historical evolution of the desire for extroversion. Thank you, Susan Cain! Introverts unite!
on March 8, 2016
a really good read!
on March 4, 2016
“Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know.”
― Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching

I read this book with great interest after watching Ms Cain's profound and intriguing TED talk. In the western business world, there is a tacit understanding that those who speak frequently and volubly in meetings are the most intelligent and valuable contributors. As such, I was pleasantly surprised to read how many successful leaders are introverts, such as Bill Gates, Gandhi, Warren Buffet, and Oprah.

Her prose is eloquent and inclusive of some extant literature on introversion in the workplace. Managers and educators who wish to understand and tap into the unique gifts of their introverted peers will find this book most insightful and commodious. This is the vanguard of the introversion revolution.
on February 18, 2016
Ordered this book on Monday and after spending 2 hours reading, I decided to return this book... The reason is because I dont understand what the author is trying to tell me, why she uses so many irrelevant examples and what I can learn from this book.

One of the worse books I have read for this year.
on February 18, 2016
AMAZING book, literally life changing. I heard so much about it but didn't buy it until now... Seriously regretting it. So many of the things written hit home, if I would have been aware and comfortable with my introversion earlier in my life I would have made a lot of different choices.
on February 9, 2016
Very interesting thinking !