summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry

on May 19, 2016
I grew up watching Bret Hart wrestle. I knew all about him in the ring. After reading this book I now feel I know him as a man. This was an excellent insight to the life of a wrestler.
on April 19, 2016
loved it
on March 19, 2016
Long read but it gets good
on December 6, 2015
Bret Hart is an incredible story teller. I use to live in Red Deer and read his write ups in the Calgary Sun all the time this book discusses in great detail the event's in his life. The only let down for me was after the Montreal screwjob he seemed like he was in a rush to wrap things up and I would have liked to know more about him going through hell between 1999 and 2003.
on April 24, 2015
Great book in excellent shape
on May 16, 2014
very good
on March 6, 2014
As noted, very detailed. In some ways, somewhat of a slow start. But there is no other wrestling book like this. The details, the wiring, the history behind it.

It is not a fast read like others. More like an Epic (of wrestling books). Really stands out.
on April 19, 2013
This book was absolutely what I expected it to be. Great stories and all around a great autobiography. Quality of the book wasn't the best but wasn't bad at all. Thank you.
on March 11, 2013
I want to start this review by saying I'm a huge Bret Hart fan. I watched him throughout my youth, and I was even in the stands in the Molson Center (now Bell Center) on November 9th 1997, for the now infamous Montreal screw job.

As a Bret Hart fan, I could not ask for a more complete or entertaining book than Bret's autobiography. Oftentimes with wrestlers, there is the tendency to exaggerate, to highlight only the positives and hide the negative, or blame someone else for them, but Bret doesn't do that. On the contrary, this is the most honest book I've ever read. Bret doesn't try to defend himself, hide what he feels he did wrong or blame others for his mistakes. In the book, Bret admits to constantly cheating on his wife, to taking drugs, steroids and painkillers. He talks at length about his time in the WWF, in the WCW, on his life after wrestling and also on his childhood and his dysfunctional family, no stone is left unturned, no subject is deemed taboo and no punches are pulled. Simply put, this is a wrestling's fan bible, a book that can never be beat, equaled. This book is simply put, the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be, as far as wrestlers' autobiographies are concerned.

A must read!
on February 25, 2013
Bret does not hold back. So many great stories and awesome memories. If you like, '90's wrestling, you have to read this book.