5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative and getting results!! Five star book!!
Published on Aug. 10 2010 by S. Dempsey

3.0 out of 5 stars Hormone diet
I haven't read the whole book yet but so far so good. I didn't really wnt it for the diet persae I was more interested in the hormones itself, has to how the affect our system. Thank you
Published 1 month ago by Joanne Labelle

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative and getting results!! Five star book!!, Aug. 10 2010
This review is from: The Hormone Diet: Lose Fat. Gain Strength. Live Younger Longer. (Hardcover)
If I had a nickel for every diet book I have read ...well, I would have a lot more nickels than pounds lost, that's for sure! I have never written a review before but this book inspires me to do. First I will get to my review, then I will share my results so far. The review part: this is SO much more than just a diet book and that is EXACTLY why I liked it. A couple people complained that the author spent too much time talking about hormones and didn't get to the diet part until late in the book, but the reason it worked for me is because she actually did discuss the reasons why I have had so much difficult losing weight or keeping it off in the past. According to her, until we get to the root of the problems - hormones - you can't lose weight because it's the hormones running the show! I'll tell ya, if you want just another diet book, there's a million of them on the shelves at any book store. This is so much more. In the first part of the book she discusses 16 different hormonal imbalances and the symptoms of each one. When I read that it was like a lightbulb going off in my head - I clearly had hormone imbalance 7 (excess estrogen), hormone imbalance 13 (low thyroid) and hormone imbalance 9 (low progesterone) and her hormonal health questionnaire revealed it. For years I thought that this was maybe just a normal part of aging and yet all I would think about was how good I used to feel years ago. I felt depressed, anxious, fuzzy and frumpy almost ALL the time!

Well, I got on her detox, (including her bathroom and kitchen detox) and starting feeling much better, and while it didn't happen overnight the pounds did start coming off. I also started incorporating her supplement suggestions for each hormonal imbalance, modifying my sleep habits and doing the workout in the book. Fast forward to now - it's been a few months and I have already lost 24lbs! I found a doctor that finally did the tests that I needed to have done and it turns out Dr. Turner was right - low thyroid AND low progesterone! In combination with that doctor, and this book, my hormones are finally getting back in balance - at age 39! I can't believe I spent soo many years in the `dark', feeling terrible. While I still consider myself a `work in progress', I know that I feel SO much better than I did before and I get comments all the time from my coworkers and friends saying how good I look. In fact, I can't believe I am saying this, but I am actually looking forward to my 40th birthday now! I also highly recommend reading Knockout by Suzanne Somers. Good luck and good health to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything You Need to Know, May 25 2009
Chantale Gagnon (Toronto, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
It is simply a gem. It's all you'll ever need to reclaim your health. Natasha could have done 4 books out of all the information she's packed in this one. It's surprisingly accessible, despite the fact that she's dealing with a lot of medical information (and words with too many letters).

I've been lucky to be one of Natasha's patient for over 10 years and she's put me on her plan way before her book came out. After being misdiagnosed for 3 years by my ex-GP, my hypothyrodism was getting worse. She the first one who saw what was wrong and helped me get back on my feet. My pre-menoposal years are getting closer but I fear not this transition because I know that it'll be greatly eased by her help and the plan in her book.

If you don't have the chance to have a great ND like I have, at least get yourself this book. Now!

4.0 out of 5 stars the hormone diet, July 8 2009
E. Bennett - See all my reviews
I found this book to be very informative - as a post-menopausal woman, I learned a lot about the hormonal link to weight gain in the middle years. The proactive approach to healthy weight maintenance is the key to success. I recommend this book to my contemporaries who have been frustrated in their attempts to stay at a healthy weight through the traditional methods of diet, exercise, etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting Approach to Diet/Lifestyle Change, May 15 2009
Therese Neufeld (Portage la Prairie, MB Canada) - See all my reviews
This book is well written but for the average person is a little technical. The Dr. has done much research into how hormones influence and control your weight. It is a little hard to understand, yet just might be the answer I am looking for - would have been nice to have a "quick reference guide" somewhere listed. A lot of information to absorb in a short time, with lots of cross-referencing. Saw her interviewed on TV and that is why I bought the book. Since I learn better by listening, would have liked a DVD or CD with it. Would buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, Nov. 3 2013
I bought this book not so much for dieting, but to obtain some advice on hormones, since my body seems to be more sensitive with possible perimenopausal symptoms. This book is excellent in describing how what we eat affects our hormones and general information on how to eat healthier. Excellent read, I'm only half-way through and very impressed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hormone diet, June 20 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Full of Information, May 12 2014
K. Ivany (Whitby, Ontario) - See all my reviews
Yes, there's a ton of information here, but not in a good way. I have never read such a mix of confusing mumbo-jumbo as this book contains. At the end, I thought I had tapped into some kind of cult-like devotion to whacky theories. The average person has neither the time, nor the money to devote to the endless list of do's and don'ts. With the restrictive list of ingredients you are allowed to eat while you go through the "detox" programme, you might as well eat nothing. The author subscribes to organic-only choices, then proceeds to guide the reader to her own website and various others no doubt connected to her as welll.

I'd give this one a pass and move on..

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, May 2 2014
Lise Legault (Copper Cliff, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Not only did I gain weight, I feel worse now than I did before I started. I followed the first two weeks of the diet to the letter. I gained two pounds, I feel bloated all the time, I am not sleeping well, I have constant flem in my throat, my hot flashes are out of control and I'm tired and moody all the time. I didn't have any of these problems before I started other than a couple of small hot flashes during the day. I guess it's true what they say, "if it's not broken, don't fix it"... This book is going to the recycle bin. A complete waste of money...

3.0 out of 5 stars Information overload, April 20 2014
This review is from: The Hormone Diet (Kindle Edition)
There's a lot of great information in here, Dr Turner knows her stuff but it could be more organized, concise and user friendly. It's like being overwhelmed with health related internet searching! I haven't picked up the new edition, but hopefully it's laid out better.

2.0 out of 5 stars very scattered information, Feb. 5 2014
The book has many good points however it is very disorganized with information. Doesnt explain information properly. I would def. not recommend this book. Expected it to be much better after all the hype.

The Hormone Diet: Lose Fat. Gain Strength. Live Younger Longer.
The Hormone Diet: Lose Fat. Gain Strength. Live Younger Longer. by Natasha Turner (Hardcover - April 7 2009)
Used & New from: CDN$ 14.00