march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on November 3, 2013
I bought this book not so much for dieting, but to obtain some advice on hormones, since my body seems to be more sensitive with possible perimenopausal symptoms. This book is excellent in describing how what we eat affects our hormones and general information on how to eat healthier. Excellent read, I'm only half-way through and very impressed.
on July 8, 2009
I found this book to be very informative - as a post-menopausal woman, I learned a lot about the hormonal link to weight gain in the middle years. The proactive approach to healthy weight maintenance is the key to success. I recommend this book to my contemporaries who have been frustrated in their attempts to stay at a healthy weight through the traditional methods of diet, exercise, etc.
on May 15, 2009
This book is well written but for the average person is a little technical. The Dr. has done much research into how hormones influence and control your weight. It is a little hard to understand, yet just might be the answer I am looking for - would have been nice to have a "quick reference guide" somewhere listed. A lot of information to absorb in a short time, with lots of cross-referencing. Saw her interviewed on TV and that is why I bought the book. Since I learn better by listening, would have liked a DVD or CD with it. Would buy again.
on April 24, 2011
I purchased her previous book the "The Super Charged Hormone diet" along with this her latest book and I haven't yet implemented every thing in the book that I would like to.But I do feel that this book is good to have also because it's easier to get to certain information. Without having to scan through lots more pages for weight loss information. If that's the goal of the reader.
on September 9, 2010
Love this book and need to share it! Finally something that makes sense of it all.
on March 2, 2013
Passed the book on to daughter in law as she was having hormonal issues,
seemed to hit the mark what I read
on August 2, 2015
Common sense, logical and scientifically backed info. Highly recommend!
on August 23, 2013
There's a little to much fear-mongering in this to make me love it. Still, it does contain some very useful tips, so it's worthwhile as an addition to the health care library.
on May 15, 2015