5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring, canadian, and fun!
Published on Oct. 21 2009 by joe

1.0 out of 5 stars Not an enjoyable cookbook
Published 12 months ago by Brad

1.0 out of 5 stars Not an enjoyable cookbook, Aug. 29 2013
This book came highly recommended to me, so I was very disappointed when I received it in the mail. There were very few actual recipes, and pages and pages of stories and articles on the author's, the chefs they learned from, and methods for gardening. I would have appreciated it more if I was actually looking for a guide on organic farming. The information on the book was misleading, I thought it had more to do with fresh, seasonal cooking. I like just about every cookbook I come across and love cooking in my kitchen. I had someone ship it back for me and it cost a small fortune, I wouldn't have sent it back if I knew it would cost that much.

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring, canadian, and fun!, Oct. 21 2009
This review is from: Earth to Table: Seasonal Recipes from an Organic Farm (Hardcover)
I think this book is top notch. Almost every other page of my copy is dog-eared for looking at again later. Photos are inspiring. The seasonal recipie sections are varied and not overwhelming or run of the mill. And I really enjoyed following the storyline through the book with the discussion of other chefs and the efforts to being Red Fife wheat back to life. The book for you if you like to cook from farmer's markets. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb read, Dec 16 2009
Wayne Smith (Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This is the kind of cookbook that you pick up and read through like a novel. You enjoy the photo's, the stories and the sense of adventure that the authors portray so well as they talk about how they interact with the seasonal food and the people who share their passion. As well as the culinary impact of the change of the seasons they talk in more fundamental ways of such events as the emotional impact of spring in a cold climate. The recipes are excellent and true to the overall theme of the book and while interesting and intriguing don't intimidate with complexity. All in all a great book and by the end of it you feel the reality of the authors vision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique blend of food experience, Feb. 7 2010
Craig McQueen (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This book has a unique mix of recipes, insight into local farms, and international chef stories. It blends very well together into a beautiful book organized by the seasons. The heartfelt passion of the authors shows through in the way they share their experiences. I particularly found it fascinating how the chef and their staff participate in assisting the farmers in their farms. It shows how they truly know their food source.

Earth to Table: Seasonal Recipes from an Organic Farm
Earth to Table: Seasonal Recipes from an Organic Farm by Bettina Schormann (Hardcover - Sept. 15 2009)
CDN$ 45.00 CDN$ 28.22