5.0 out of 5 stars It works!
I am glad to have found this series of books. It is easy to follow and provides lots of tasty recipes that my family (not children anymore) is enjoying. I can eat the same as the family and lose weight. Averaging a pound a week without suffering.

Published on Nov. 17 2010 by bluebird

1.0 out of 5 stars G.I Menopause Clinic
Don't waste your money if you have already read any of Rick Gallop's GI Diet books.

I was very disappointed that he did not specifically address menopausal issues in any detail. He said there were many books on that topic... so why did he call this book "Menopausal Clinic" and then not talk about it?

All you get is the basic GI diet and some...
Published on May 28 2009 by Paulinka

1.0 out of 5 stars G.I Menopause Clinic, May 28 2009
Paulinka (Mississauga, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The G.I. Diet Menopause Clinic (Paperback)

All you get is the basic GI diet and some recipies. Nothing was suggested re diet for those menopausal, no changes, additions or deletions were made to his basic GI Diet. Just another way to spin his original book to hook a specific audience (those in menopause).

I don't usually write reviews but I was livid with the bait and switch of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, Nov. 17 2010
This review is from: The G.I. Diet Menopause Clinic (Paperback)

Cutting out coffee or enjoying just 1 mug a day has made a substantial difference in speed of weight loss when following the plan as caffeine increases insulin. The insulin issues are key. If your insulin is high, you can't burn fat. Apparently, this has been my problem, and my daughter's now as well.

If you have read about the GI diet, you could go straight to the G.I. Diet Cookbook as there is quite a bit of overlap in recipes as far as I can see. This is really 'diet' in the old sense of the term, meaning a way of eating not just a weight loss tool for a short period of time. I am happy to continue eating this way as I can indulge once in a while without ruining the process. Rick says follow it 90% of the time and you will be successful. Thank you Rick Gallop.

4.0 out of 5 stars MENOPAUSE CLINIC HELPS WOMEN WHEN THEY MOST NEED DIET ADVICE, June 13 2009
canada's martha (oakville on canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The G.I. Diet Menopause Clinic (Paperback)
I've just finished reading Rick Gallop's book, The G,I. Diet Menopause Clinic, and I have to say "amen"!
Thanks, Rick, for giving me the tips and tricks I so desperately need to help me lose the fifteen extra pounds that showed up with menopause! It's so frustrating - trying new diets I've never needed till now - all of which have been tough to maintain, complicated and trendy. I'm so relieved to finally read about easy, healthy eating habits that will change the way I eat - and hopefully, the way I look! Looking forward to getting the same positive results of Gallop's clinic members! Can't wait to begin at the supermarket tomorrow! This is the first G.I. Diet book I've read, so I can't understand the review posted here - for any woman fighting the new "flab of her 50s" - this is the book and the sensible food plan I'd highly suggest they learn about!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, Jan. 28 2012
This review is from: The G.I. Diet Menopause Clinic (Paperback)
Very Happy with my purchase, It is a great reference and informational guide for proper & healthy cooking and living

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Diet and support, Feb. 22 2011
This review is from: The G.I. Diet Menopause Clinic (Paperback)
I would highly recommend this book for anyone trying to diet during that period of their lives....it helps to read the remarks the people during the clinic wrote. You can find someone who went through what you are going through and know it is normal and you will succeed !!
A few more recipes too.....can't complain about that. I use it as a diary and write down my feelings...etc in it.

Good book !!

5.0 out of 5 stars GI Diet Menopause Clinic, Nov. 5 2011
This review is from: The G.I. Diet Menopause Clinic (Paperback)
Was so impressed how easy to follow and the great selection of food, that I showed my Dr. She agreed!

5.0 out of 5 stars The g.i. diet Menopause Clinic, June 15 2009
S. Chris Mikalson "bookish" (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The G.I. Diet Menopause Clinic (Paperback)
Another superb book by Rick Gallop. Reading it will change the way you think of nourishing your body, and you will move forward to better health and mood.

The G.I. Diet Menopause Clinic
The G.I. Diet Menopause Clinic by Rick Gallop (Paperback - April 28 2009)
CDN$ 26.00 CDN$ 16.30