5.0 out of 5 stars Do it now!
This book has made an immediate impact on my life. At 63, you'd think I might know how to get 'to it' but Piers Steele explains how I've been coping for a long time and how to make real improvements - this is a must read!!
David in Prince Edward County, Ontario
Published on Feb. 27 2011 by JDB

1.0 out of 5 stars too theoreticle
not really focused on everyday practicle use by average person ;impracticle; too academic for real use by real people who are not academic
Published 13 months ago by Ian W

5.0 out of 5 stars Do it now!, Feb. 27 2011
David in Prince Edward County, Ontario

5.0 out of 5 stars This book sees right through you, April 8 2011
The author of "The Procrastination Equation" knows more about me than I do. That is, he knows more about why I procrastinate than I do, and he lays it out in play sight, and simple language. If you're looking to kick this rotten, wealth-robbing, confidence-draining, success-stealing habit, this book will first tell you what the actual source of the problem is and how then how to fix it. I've already started applying many of the principles in this book, and have felt more confident in facing deadlines, responding to emails, paying bills, starting projects early, etc.

I also felt better finding out how many other people procrastinate, both in school and in the business world: a lot of us!

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and Fun to Read, June 27 2011
What's keeping you from getting started on that important project? Why are you having trouble keeping that promise you made? What's taking you so long? These are awkward questions to ask a friend or colleague and slightly embarrasing questions to ask yourself. Dr. Steel does a great job of answering these questions in the Procrastination Equation. He provides some great insight which I find particularly useful for motivating people and managing projects as well as for setting and achieving personal goals. I am delighted to find a really useful book that is not only well-researched, but also fun to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, June 11 2011
This book teaches you a lot about why you behave the way you do; and it teaches you how to manage your behaviour towards your own personal goals. It can change your life and your self-image. Through this book, I learned how to increase the likelihood of success when I do goal setting.

There is a great section about how to control short-term impulses and the inner child we all have. The author presents the principles and based on those he provides you with practical advice that you can use for every day challenges. I already changed the way I approach tasks and the way I spend my time every day. This book has changed my life for the better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Guide to Understanding Lacking Motivation, June 26 2011
In the engineering industry we often lead people expecting them to be able to motivate themselves. This book has helped me understand that people don't necessarily perform poorly because they're lazy or they don't care. Sometimes it is simply due to the fact that they are unable to motivate themselves. Procrastination is tremendously common through all people and this book provides the tools to help minimize the lost time it can lead to.

1.0 out of 5 stars too theoreticle, Nov. 10 2013
This review is from: The Procrastination Equation: How to Stop Putting Things Off and Start Getting Stuff Done (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Sept. 29 2014