march boutiques-francophones SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 1, 2016
Astonishing story of suffering and forgiveness. I suggest the you Google "Daughters for Life" foundation as a follow up (that's the foundation that Abuelaish set up in memory of his murdered daughters). Also see the inspiring Youtube version of Abuelaish's TED talk.
on March 19, 2016
Well written, and enlightening as to the personal impact of living as a Palestinian in the region (I struggled with a way to put that which doesn't favour one side or the other). It's a story of remarkable tragedy and personal loss, and as such, it's unsurprising that in moments the author does allow emotion to take over his otherwise 'through peace and understanding we overcome' message.

At the end of the day, very proud that this man has made my country his home, and very much in hope that he is right, and that through the connection and understanding of our common humanity bred by discourse and exposure to other cultures, we can indeed solve what seem to be such intractable issues.
on May 30, 2015
This a true, current story of a Palestinian doctor and his family. His descriptions of life in the Gaza Strip and the suffering of the Palestinian people are heart-rending. His personal story is backed up by quote from Red Cross documents as well as the UN office for refugees. For an accurate account of life in Gaza today by a person who refuses to spend his energy in hatred but rather in dialogue and reconciliation, look no farther. Dr. Izzeldin Abuelaish offers us much needed life lessons.
on December 30, 2014
Amazing story.
on November 1, 2014
great book
on September 16, 2014
This was a heart renting book, didn't want it to end, what a strong man losing his wife and 3 daughters. Highly recommend it.
on May 12, 2014
This book is touching and real and helps to understand the Palestinian-Isreali conflict in a way no news reports can - through the eyes of one man's experience. A man who chooses to see all people as equal and who's generosity in spirit towards what could easily be called "the enemy" is an inspiration to all of us.
on December 20, 2013
An emotional true story of a human being who despite suffering, continued to show love to anyone he came across
on July 21, 2013
I havent read the books yet. there ,s other thing to do as well, like I do have I life to live
on February 8, 2013
I was impressed how forgiving and loving the doctor is. We could all learn from him to " love our neighbour as one self"