Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

on February 25, 2011
I'm not sure how exactly to describe my feelings both during the reading of this book and now that I've finished it. To use a cliched expression, it was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. This book also cost me sleep because it was such an effort to stop reading and just put it down for the night.

The themes in the book aren't easy-she covers depression, self-harm, abortion, love and loss. She deals with her feelings when her trusted psychiatrist dies suddenly. Even if you have never experienced that degree of emotional upset, there is at least something to identify with in this memoir. Emma Forrest is also a very talented writer so I did actually feel like I was there and feeling everything she felt. That wasn't always easy. Some parts are heartbreaking with a palpable sense of loss and near devastation. The ultimate feeling, however, is one of hope. She survives. The death of her psychiatrist was tragic but he left a legacy of people who are that much better at living their lives and many happy memories.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again