5.0 out of 5 stars feeling better then I every have
I read the G.I diet and what I got out of it was , I was 178 lbs and now 35 day late am down to 162.6 lbs and I feel great . Now knowing what to eat helps more and knowing what to buy is the best thing that every happen to me , my health has gotten best and I tell my friends about it , now they are looking for the G.I. diet so they too can lose the weight.
Published on March 6 2012 by Jessie

1.0 out of 5 stars Really bad advice
My doctor told me to loose weight. He recommended the GI Diet book.

My wife is a nutritionist and so I got a copy of the book and looked it over with her.

It's fair enough to assert that most people consume too many calories. They do. Myself included.

It's also fair to promote eating more vegetables and smaller portions. We should...
Published 13 months ago by D. Fernandes

5.0 out of 5 stars feeling better then I every have, March 6 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, easy to follow, July 29 2013
This review is from: The G.I. Diet, 10th Anniversary (Paperback)
This is a great book that gives you the basics of the G.I Diet. The reader quickly understands how the digestive system works, the good and the bad fat and what to eat (almost everything) to lose weight. I lost 12 pounds in a month but I don't feel hungry, down or lacking energy... Quite the opposite! My husband is also changing is eating habit. I am quite happy about that since he is diabetic. This is a great book and a great diet change if you want to lose weight permanently and stay healthy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really bad advice, June 12 2013
D. Fernandes (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The G.I. Diet, 10th Anniversary (Paperback)
My doctor told me to loose weight. He recommended the GI Diet book.

It's also fair to say that not all calories are equal and some impact us more harmfully than others. Agreed.

However, the information in this book in regards to fats is very old-fashioned and not in step with current research.

For one thing, promoting totally artificially produced, preservative laden margarine over natural, unsalted butter is crazy.

The evidence that 'saturated fats cause heart disease' has roundly been disproved. It is much more complicated than that and has as much to do with consuming crappy carbs and nutritionally-starved foods in conjunction with them.

As well, the advice to eat low-fat products sweetened with Aspartame and Splenda is also equally outdated and old-fashioned. For god's sake. Update this book. You can get natural Yogurts without any sweeteners or sugar in them. Add honey or maple syrup to taste if you need a hit of sweet. It's much lower on the Glycemic Load than cane derived sugars, and it's extremely unlikely to give you cancer.

Fat Phobic and Calorie-restricitng diets are dangerous and old fashioned.

I should hope that the authors do their research and update this book. There's plenty of good advice in it, but the assertions that all saturated fats are 'very bad' is nonsense and the promotion of chemical sugar supplements over natural, low Glycemic Load sugars like maple and honey is just wrong and dangerous.

And finally, the very idea of the Glycemic Index is outdated and should be replaced with a fuller understanding of Glycemic Load.

Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars It provided exactly what I wanted and expected, May 27 2013
This review is from: The G.I. Diet, 10th Anniversary (Paperback)
The book is loaded with information that I couldn't find in a single resource tool else where. I would recommend it to my diabetic and fat friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Also a great book., May 25 2013
This review is from: The G.I. Diet, 10th Anniversary (Paperback)
This is a great book, looking to lose a few pounds, it is easier for me since I only need to lose about 10-12 pounds.
I find the recipes a great help, instead of trying to get all the nutritional information, Thanks Rick and Ruth

4.0 out of 5 stars It is very easy to follow the food guide, May 2 2013
This review is from: The G.I. Diet, 10th Anniversary (Paperback)
It is similar to his first edition but added more recipes.
I like the muffin recipes as they are easy and filling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Jan. 2 2013
This review is from: The G.I. Diet, 10th Anniversary (Paperback)
This is an easy book to follow and understand. It's not about dieting to lose weight, but to understand your food and eat healthier. The G.I. Diet keeps you focused and makes eating healthy easier. I am following this plan right now and plan to lose weight without going hungry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Diet, Oct. 2 2012
This review is from: The G.I. Diet, 10th Anniversary (Paperback)
The book is really helpful as I wanted to find a way to reduce weight and I finally found the way.

The G.I. Diet, 10th Anniversary
The G.I. Diet, 10th Anniversary by Rick Gallop (Paperback - Dec 1 2011)
CDN$ 24.95 CDN$ 15.64