Deep sadness of what we miss in our friends family and etc. Beautiful. Read it slowly and read it alone in quiet.
Published on Feb. 11 2011 by Eddy Somers

2.0 out of 5 stars Expectations Dashed
Published 24 months ago by Pikey

2.0 out of 5 stars Expectations Dashed, Oct. 2 2012
This review is from: The Illumination (Audio CD)
I purchased this CD box with a lot of excitement as the premise sounded wonderful. Love letters from a husband to his wife end up in various hands and has an impact on their lives. The love notes are simple and ring true and I thought that they would have a positive impact on the people who came across them. Well they don't. I kept hoping for a positive spin and if there was one, I missed it. The book is well written and the concept imaginative but somehow it did not cut it for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unrealized Potential, Sept. 25 2011
I sought out this book after reading a glowing review in the Toronto Globe and Mail in which it was lauded for the poetry of its prose, so to speak. And, yes, it is beautifully written a times. But, the author gets lost with two themes that do not mesh. The "illimination" refers to the citizenry suddenly being able to see the pain in others, actually visually see aching joints, cankers, cancers. This motif is extended throughout the work. Another motif is a series of reflections based on notes written between two people deeply in love, formulated into a book, and passed among several characters in the first part of the book. The two motifs never really come together or point in any direction. The chapter on child abuse is painfully realistic, almost too painful to read. Parts of the work really click, but I was left feeling that so much more could have been done with the ideas.

4.0 out of 5 stars .Sometimes you find a truly moving and at the same time, interesting story., Feb. 11 2011

The Illumination
The Illumination by Kevin Brockmeier (Paperback - Feb. 21 2012)
CDN$ 18.00 CDN$ 13.00