Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store NFL Tools

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(1 star)show all reviews
I didn't like this book. It was overpriced common sense. I already knew the so-called "secrets", and if I had the time, ability, and inclination to live life as French women do... I'd be a French woman living IN France.

And in France (or in Manhatten or in New Orleans, but NOT in north-western Canada) one can easily find year-round fresh local produce, fresh this and that, the "best" local this and that, relaxing this and that.

I couldn't find much that I could apply to life where I actually live. And this book therefore doesn't help me at all.

I think the only solution is for me to move somewhere that has milder, kinder climates, kinder people who cause me less stress in person and in traffic, fresh local food year-round, and a better atmosphere. Alberta ain't it. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to use a shotgun to drive off some mosquitoes before they carry me away, then bear-proof my outdoor trash cans. Ahhh... summer in Alberta... Nothing like this in France.
Lucky France!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on April 13, 2005
This book was very boring. The wasn't really any good advice - in fact the author talks so much about food that it makes you want to eat more. Slow read and not very informative.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

Customers who viewed this item also viewed
French Women for All Seasons: A Year of Secrets, Recipes, and Pleasure
French Women for All Seasons: A Year of Secrets, Recipes, and Pleasure by Mireille Guiliano (Paperback - April 7 2009)
CDN$ 15.27

The French Women Don't Get Fat Cookbook
The French Women Don't Get Fat Cookbook by Mireille Guiliano (Paperback - Sept. 13 2011)
CDN$ 19.95