summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle sports Tools

on June 9, 2016
I found the book quite interesting also the strength of Harrison's wife dealing with drugs and Harrison's infidelity and being constantly in the limelight and always looking on the positive side of life, it was a well written book she stuck it out a strong lady for sure. Pete
on June 7, 2016
I'm a Beatle fan so I'm not going to be overly critical - it's a good read. Not a great book, nothing outstanding, but I enjoyed it ...
on June 5, 2016
Good insight of the lives of 2 icons of rock and roll, and how human they really are. In the end they really are no different from anybody else who suffers from life's battles
on June 2, 2016
If you are fans of The Beatles and or Cream or even just Patty Boyd, then this would be a great book to read. Pattie Boyd was there in the middle of the British pop scene explosion and inspired several hit songs, including Layla which was often sung to her on stage by Eric, although he may have been quite drunk at the time. After reading this book I went back and re-read Clapton: The Autobiography by Eric again and enjoyed it more than Pattie's recollections of this period in British Rock and Roll history.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 19, 2016
I was (and still am) a big fan of The Beatles. As a child, George was my "fav Beatle" (we all had one of those!!!) so I was eager to read this bio about his first wife, Pattie Boyd. It was unfortunately a big disappointment. I gave up about half-way through.

A lot of rambling on and on...about how the author was disappointed by George, again and again. A rather whiny tone throughout that got boring fast and in a big way. Quite a yawner IMO.

I guess if you are interested in reading about taking drugs like heroin and cocaine to combat loneliness and just plain boredom, while living the kind of "jet set" lifestyle that so many people actually dream of, this might appeal. Not for me though. I'll stay with my memories of The Beatles as they are, a group of lads from Liverpool that made it big and changed the world with their music. Good memories those still are, even though they may have been idealistic and not the full story, still better than this meandering story that fell well short of my expectations.
on March 25, 2016
Was an interesting book. Only got 3 stars from me, as I found at times the writer (Pattie) jumped from story to story... and quite frankly I got lost, not knowing why one story followed from the previous one. I even tried to read back, thinking I must have missed a key point, but still ended up being a bit confused. This happened a few times through out the book.
on July 17, 2015
Enjoyed it immensely. Touches on everything from her life growing up in Britain, her modelling career to so many famous people in addition to George and Eric.
on June 9, 2015
Quite interresting but a biy long.
on June 7, 2015
Great read, very informative!
on May 30, 2015
An easy read from an insider of the 60's.