march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 19, 2016
I was (and still am) a big fan of The Beatles. As a child, George was my "fav Beatle" (we all had one of those!!!) so I was eager to read this bio about his first wife, Pattie Boyd. It was unfortunately a big disappointment. I gave up about half-way through.

A lot of rambling on and on...about how the author was disappointed by George, again and again. A rather whiny tone throughout that got boring fast and in a big way. Quite a yawner IMO.

I guess if you are interested in reading about taking drugs like heroin and cocaine to combat loneliness and just plain boredom, while living the kind of "jet set" lifestyle that so many people actually dream of, this might appeal. Not for me though. I'll stay with my memories of The Beatles as they are, a group of lads from Liverpool that made it big and changed the world with their music. Good memories those still are, even though they may have been idealistic and not the full story, still better than this meandering story that fell well short of my expectations.
on March 25, 2016
Was an interesting book. Only got 3 stars from me, as I found at times the writer (Pattie) jumped from story to story... and quite frankly I got lost, not knowing why one story followed from the previous one. I even tried to read back, thinking I must have missed a key point, but still ended up being a bit confused. This happened a few times through out the book.
on July 17, 2015
Enjoyed it immensely. Touches on everything from her life growing up in Britain, her modelling career to so many famous people in addition to George and Eric.
on June 9, 2015
Quite interresting but a biy long.
on June 7, 2015
Great read, very informative!
on May 30, 2015
An easy read from an insider of the 60's.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 29, 2013
She has been with both George Harrison and Eric Clapton. She has a very fascinating story to tell. This is a very good bio in the rock category.this book is now available on Kindle and is sold for 1.99. I could not buy it again and re read it now on the kindle format. Sometimes the author seems to come across as 'poor me' and it's hard to feel sympathy for her as she is jet setting around the world , on retreats in Peru etc. etc. the only real interesting parts of the story is the Beatles, George Harrison and Eric Clapton parts. After about 80% of the book it becomes a bit of a chore. But, she is an interesting and beautiful lady and, hey, I bought the book twice so I still give it a 5 star rating.
on July 31, 2012
Having been the lady behind "Something" and "Layla", whatever Ms Boyd has to show for it is doomed to score below the almost-boundless expectation one might have.

This book delivers its best content relating the time where both George and Eric were after Patti. The details of George's domestic conduct do not make for a comforting read.

Her childhood story, and everything after the Rainbow concert, seem less important in comparison, and fail to capture interest.
on December 14, 2011
The book arrived on time as estimated, and in excellent condition. Product is as described, we're quite pleased with this purchase.
on April 26, 2008
I expected and hoped that Ms. Boyd's book would be full of self-insights, musings and reflections on an unusual life that included growing up in Kenya, boarding schools, parental abandonment, a teenaged high-fashion career, eastern spiritual revivalism, passion and marriages to a couple of 60's music gurus. There is none of that; there is just a mechanical recital of colourless recollections written under the rather embarrassing delusion that the musicians to whom she once played muse were still pining away for her vacuous presence in their lives.

Every word on the page is grim evidence to the contrary.