march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 25, 2016
It's an interesting read. I found it kind of long though, and after a bit I lost interest.
on February 14, 2016
Excellent read. You will never think of Russia or tigers the same way again after you finish this novel. And maybe even, like me, you might be looking over your shoulder just to make sure there are no tigers lurking nearby. I highly recommend it.
on February 4, 2016
A compelling and wonderfully crafted read and utterly fascinating insight into the consciousness and "umwelt" of this remarkable czar of the taiga.
on January 18, 2016
A story that needs to be told. Logging in Siberia is taking away the tiger's habitat. They are now endangered. The raw wood is being shipped to China to be milled and sold to the west (US and Canada) by a company called Lumber Liquidators. We need to help protect this beautiful animal predator by boycotting wood and wlld products from China. China is a country whose business people have no scruples about poaching and killing and logging anything and every thing for profit without regard for the pain inflicted nor the environmental balance thrown out of sync for all living things

After reading this sad story, I cried.
on December 16, 2015
The hardcover version is superb! I really enjoyed this book! Perfect for a gift!
on November 17, 2015
Vaillant does an excellent job of weaving history, the social situation, and the environment into his story.
on November 8, 2015
It is beautifully written and tells a fascinating story about the people of this remote part of the world; and a lot about the
tigers who live there. It is one of the best books I read recently and I recommend it highly.
on October 29, 2015
One of the best books I have read. I read this book previously, borrowed from a family member. The synergy of dynamic style coupled with dramatic incidence and anthropology of species was so interesting and meaningful that I decided to have my own copy to keep and so reread, as well as a second copy so I can share this amazing work with others.
on October 27, 2015
Vaillant distinguishes himself an not only a wonderful storyteller but also provides poignant insights into various cultures and mythologies. A thoroughly enjoyable read.
on September 19, 2015
A bit too dramatic and prosey. Nevertheless a fascinating story and look at the Amur Tiger, the region and the Russian psyche.