5.0 out of 5 stars A much more accessible "7 Habits"!!!
This book takes the concepts outlined in "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" to a much more accessible level.
While the original "7 Habits" were lauded for their content, at times they were criticized for the generally business oriented approach chosen.
"The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families" renders these principles much more accessible and provides...
Published on April 20 2003 by Roland Grefer

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring
I'll show you seven habits..
Published on April 2 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Seven Habits, March 9 2003
This review is from: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families (Paperback)
Covey's Seven Habits caused me to change my life. It is inspiring advice that produces practical results. Applying his seven habits really does result in effectiveness.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, Jan. 2 2003
This review is from: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families (Paperback)
I purchased because Tracie said it was good.
Of course she was right.
Thanks Trace.
TLT

5.0 out of 5 stars A real guide to family life, Aug. 10 2001
Sir Bowen (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families (Paperback)
The use of the word "effective" in the title is a somewhat misleading. When you think of what you want from a family, you probably don't think of "effective", you probably think of "warm", "supportive" or some similar term.
But don't be thrown off. This book is an accurate guide to all of the positive things that we all want for our family. It cuts through the noise and points directly at the things that will lead to success in family life.
For those that have read "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" (another excellent book), this follows the same principles but is more than just a re-packaging of the material. The discussions on how to apply the principles to family life is well worth going over it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great companion to original Seven Habits book, Sept. 6 2000
This review is from: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families (Paperback)
My wife bought this book a while back. I didn't read it because I figured it was just a repackaging of the original -- sort of like City Slickers II. This book is different in a couple of ways: (1) Covey approaches the 7 habits from different angles; I gained new insight into them, despite having read the original book several times. (2) Covey fills this book with examples that most people will be able to relate to.
This book is very welcome. Most of us who read the original 7 Habits book focused on applying it in our work lives. This book compels us to take another look at the Habits in the context of family. This is a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A set of tools for building and strengthening families, March 6 2000
In introducing "7 Habits for Highly Effective Families," Covey writes that societal forces have changed, and that we can no longer rely on a family-friendly society to help us with our families. That approach, which he termed the "outside-in" approach was useful in the middle of the 20th century. But at the turn of the century, when societal forces are combining to undermine the family, Covey argues that we need an "inside-out" approach, where we take greater care as parents to create a family culture that encourages goodness, morality and love.
With that premise in mind, Covey applies the 7 Habits to family life. I'm not familiar with the 7 Habits as they are applied to individuals, but as I've tried to apply them in my family I've been impressed by the results. As a husband and father, I feel as if I now have a set of tools to build and strengthen my family, and an understanding of how to use them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A set of tools to build and strengthen families, March 6 2000
This review is from: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families (Paperback)
In introducing "7 Habits for Highly Effective families," Covey writes that societal forces have changed, and that we can no longer rely on a family-friendly society to help us with our families. That approach, which he termed the "outside-in" approach was useful in the middle of the 20th century. But at the turn of the century, when societal forces are combining to undermine the family, Covey argues that we need an "inside-out" approach, where we take greater care as parents to create a family culture that encourages goodness, morality and love.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fabulous Family Book! A must read!, Dec 17 1999
This review is from: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families (Paperback)
In reading this book I have been introduced to the most common sense and easily applied principles I have ever read. This is a must read for anyone who strives to create a loving, fun, understanding family environment. The author puts his principles into easy to understand and apply ideas, such as the emotional bank account, creating a family mission statement and talks about the importance of family communication, togetherness along with one on one time. If your family is truly 1st in your life, read this book and begin making it first for everyone in your house. One of the best things about the book is his consistant use of personal stories from his family and other readers which bring it all into focus and provide ways in which you can envision the ideas working in your own family.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real eye opener, Nov. 26 1999
This review is from: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families (Paperback)
I read this book while I was on a remote tour from my family in Korea for a year. I just finished, and came here to buy a copy for myself and hopefully, my wife will want to read it to. The amazing thing about it was it made me feel closer to my wife and two children while I was 10,000 miles away than when I was home! It made me pause and do some soul searching to realize "I do that, and I should stop". I did a personal mission statement and it was shocking to me. I encourage everyone who has a family to read this book. I won't say "it's changed my life", I think that's a bit trite, but it has opened my eyes. I feel it can do the same for most folks!

5.0 out of 5 stars What parents know, in their hearts, to be true, Aug. 2 1999
By A Customer
I'm from Brisbane, Australia. This book is a bloody beauty! I have five children from 6 to 17. We had our first family meeting last Sunday and it was enjoyed by all. In response to the open question - How can we improve our family? - each member contributed in a meaningful way. Our six year old suggested that we should 'love Mum more!' Powerful moment to say the least. This book is well worth the read, no matter what continent of the earth you are on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ideas., June 27 1999
This review is from: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families (Paperback)
Gives plenty of 'food for thought' and helps you really look at your family in a new way. The ideas can help you improve family life. It does require some thinking to figure out how exactly to make these ideas work for you, as it gives more of a blueprint or concept to work from. I'd compliment this book with a 'plain-talk' parenting guiide such as Elizabeth Pantley's Perfect Parenting Dictionary for daily real-world answers.

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families by Stephen R. Covey (Paperback - Sept. 15 1998)
CDN$ 18.99 CDN$ 13.71