5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!
'We had agreed ' the woman I loved and I ' that as soon as you were born we would perform an act of mercy and decency and wrap you in a towel to drown you in a nearby sink of water.' Wow. Talk about impact. Thus Broken Angel by Sigmund Brouwer begins.
Published on Jan. 8 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars I Wouldn't Recommend this Book
Our book club picked this book as one of our selections. I didn't find the story very gripping or interesting and gave up after reading 160 pages. Interestingly, only one of our 8 members enjoyed the book. The majority found it disjointed and didn't like the tone of the book.
Published on June 22 2010 by Novel Gal

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, Jan. 8 2011
Amazon Customer (British Columbia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Broken Angel: A Novel (Paperback)
This post apocalyptic novel immediately draws the reader in and never lets up. In a future reminiscent of John Wyndham's The Chrysalids, the government of 'Appalachia' has taken its responsibilities very seriously ' and very literally. Similar to 'Big Brother' in George Orwell's 1984, the citizens of Appalachia are always under the watchful eye of the state. Blasphemers are sent to the factories or worse ' stoned to death.
'Outside', people have more freedom, but there they have created their own brand of hell. After discovering the secrets behind human DNA, scientists have taken to mutating human embyos.
This is the world that Caitlyn has been born into. Unknown to her, she has become a target to both sides and must flee for her life before it is brutally taken from her. This book is packed with well developed and intriguing characters, lots of action, and tons of emotional impact. It's a must read for the Sci-fi lover, but fans of crime fiction, mystery, suspense and thrillers will also enjoy this book. Highly recommended. I can't wait to read the sequel Flight of Shadows. Brouwer has certainly taken his place among writers of high energy fiction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! Very Original Story, Aug. 1 2010
This review is from: Broken Angel: A Novel (Paperback)
Once again Sigmund Brouwer has created a gripping thriller in a fascinating world. The opening page had me riveted and I could not put it down until it was finished. Loved it!

1.0 out of 5 stars I Wouldn't Recommend this Book, June 22 2010

Broken Angel: A Novel
Broken Angel: A Novel by Sigmund Brouwer (Paperback - May 5 2009)
CDN$ 15.99 CDN$ 11.54