5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for those you know or if you are getting a puppy
I found the training part of the book great and can see how knowing how to set rules and boundaries even with young puppies (like their dog mother does) will help develop a great dog.

Published on Dec 16 2009 by Louise Larabie

2.0 out of 5 stars No a how to
Ok book but not what I was looking for. I want quick and dirty rules and techniques and this book does not help. Nice story about Ceasar bringing up some puppies but please just give me what I need to know and forget the fluff.
Published on Nov. 25 2011 by William O. Haflidson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars No a how to, Nov. 25 2011
This review is from: How to Raise the Perfect Dog: Through Puppyhood and Beyond (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for those you know or if you are getting a puppy, Dec 16 2009
Louise Larabie (Arnprior, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews

I am giving my daughter a copy even though she does not at this time have a puppy because she has all his other books and tapes and will add to her collection, there is still lots of good new information in the book that I found interesting.

I have recommended this book to a person that is shopping for a puppy as I believe it will help her prevent the biggest mistakes that people can do picking out a puppy. That is matching the energy level of the dog with their own energy. IF you are laid back do not get one of the high energy dogs like a border collie or GSD for instance as they need to be matched with people that are out there working with them or doing a lot of high energy activities with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Before you get your puppy,..get this book!!, May 19 2011
I ordered this book because my husband and I are about to get 'our' very first dog. Our breeder suggested to us that we should buy it and read it before we get our puppy. I'm sooooo glad we did. I thought I knew a fair bit about dogs(I use to work at 2 different Animal Hospitals) but after reading this book. I was amazed at how little I knew. No wonder so many people have probelms with their dogs.
This book doesn't talk very much about training technics you can use our your dog, it's more about understanding a dogs mind, and then how to use that to teach your dog. Cesar talks a lot about your energy level and how it effects the dogs mood and behaviour. Also about picking the right energy level type dog to match your energy level. He also tells you how to completely avoid problems that are most common complaint with dog owners, by using certain tools to proactively keep your pup from even starting bad habbits.
Most people just see a breed they think is nice looking, and get it without educating themselves on what the breeds personality is like, their energy levels, and health issues. This is one of the reasons why there are so many dogs in shelters, or put down every year.
Find the right dog for YOU!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Dec 5 2012
I really loved this book. I will be getting my new puppy in January. I have already started to read it a second time. I also ordered the Puppy deck cards and I know they will come in handy for quick reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book and Tool, June 27 2011
I breed Golden retrievers and I provide this book for all of my puppy families. This book is clear, concise and easy to understand, even better, easy to apply. Cesar helps my families understand their new baby and its needs. Cesar explains things and techniques in an understandable way allowing all my families to benefit from the book. Whether the family has had dogs before or have never had a dog before they are much better prepared for their bundle of joy, fur and fun! I highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must to have, Oct. 15 2010
Sylvain Champagne (Montreal (Canada)) - See all my reviews
Cesar really is a phenomenon in his field.

The books helps you to understand what you should do, and most of all what you should avoid doing. I wish I've known Cesar 13 Years ago when we brought home our puppy, a little Maltese.

Seriously if you consider having a new dog in your family, buy this book.

You will enjoy this book, and it will help you enjoy your dog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book....wow, Feb. 5 2014
I'm happy I got Cesar's books, I'm a newbie with dogs and this book came in very handy. It simplifies training and above all understanding your pets behaviour and my role as a pack leader. I recommend to all new owner with a lovely puppy :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, Feb. 4 2014
The book is okay, but you had to read so much while getting such little advice. Too bad... I need good advice for my boisterous labrador puppy

4.0 out of 5 stars Great information, nothing new, Jan. 8 2014
Rose Anne van der Heiden (Blue River, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
After reading about and watching Cesar Millan's, nothing in this book will come as a surprise. It is a good book to have for a reference, and a must-read for all new puppy-owners.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not strong on usable info, Dec 20 2013
Andrea - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
A lot of catch phrases but a little light on usable information. There must be better books out there. Look elsewhere

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa9a623f0)

How to Raise the Perfect Dog: Through Puppyhood and Beyond
How to Raise the Perfect Dog: Through Puppyhood and Beyond by Melissa Jo Peltier (Paperback - Sept. 14 2010)
CDN$ 17.00 CDN$ 12.27