march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on February 5, 2013
Give this book a good chance, try out his suggestions. And if you're going to review the book, pls read the damn thing first (darkshadow77 + others). No skipping intro's or skimming pages. Sit down and read, take a few days, try some of it out.

Over the last 15 years I've tried just about everything to lose bodyfat. Various diets that did next to nothing, excruiating workout programs, counting every calorie I eat. Nothing gave real results or truly educated me about what I could be doing wrong. They just left me hungry, tired and frustrated. And now 31, I was starting to think it wasn't possible for me.

Recently I even suffered through 2 60 day Insanity sessions (6 extremely high intensity workouts a week, each about an hour long)back to back while following their food guide to the letter. At the end I had gained muscle and endurance but still sat at my previous 31.5% bodyfat (funny coming from a workout that is 75% cardio). The worst part was I was completely spent physically and emotionally (not a great state for a stonemason to be in). I was truly ready to simply give up.

About 2 months later I had lost much of my gained muscle mass, endurance was in the crapper and my bodyfat% was higher then when I had started the program (even though I was still following their food guide, which is basically the same as every dieting food guide out there, to the letter. And yes, I had adjusted my portions to take into account my greatly reduced exercise routine).

So, on a whim while at the local book store I picked up this hefty guide.

First let me point out that reviewers such as darkshadow77 have obviously not read the book (btw Chris B, ty for doing such a wonderful job of pointing that out). WebMD does an equally poor job of it, going so far as to claim the author recommends sleeping only 2 hrs a day (he explains polyphasic sleep and how it works but states that the long term effects are unknown, as we don't understand sleep enough to say that the 6 hours of non-REM sleep we get are wasted. Nature isn't wasteful.)

Now as far as my personal weight loss goals are concerned. In the month since starting his "slow-carb diet" I have lost 7.5% bodyfat (slimmest I've been since grade 10) while eating whenever I am hungry (every 4 hours I eat a good size meal). I haven't counted a single calorie (btw, he does an good job of explaining why the buzz word calorie is useless on pg. 31) and my energy level is through the roof. And that lost muscle mass? I've put every bit of it back on with only 2 hrs of exercise total over the course of a month.

If you want to lose fat, gain mass, gain strength without mass gain, improve sex (and it has, very much) or just learn some useful information then you will not regret buying this book.

This isn't the end all and be all of "fitness" books. The author makes no claims that it is at all. But it's a damn good place to start, especially for those like me who have tried everything the "professionals" try and tell you.

I've come to the conclusion that those "professionals" have a vested interest in it being hard and taking time, makes them more money. I will literally never listen to anyone who preaches about calories again. If they want to discuss blood sugar levels though, then I'll listen (skeptically, as Tim suggests even in regards to his own book). Otherwise they are simply people who think a calorie is a calorie and that everything you eat goes into your blood stream.

If I felt crappy I may be worried, but I feel just amazing. It's like I'm a 18 years old again.

Money spent on exercise and diet programs to date: $1815 - results = minimal ; knowledge gained = next to none (same info repeated over and over, much of it false)
Money spent on this book: $31 - results = holy s*** ; knowledge gained = a good amount (and now much more able to figure out what is bs and what is gold)
on January 12, 2013
It wasn't easy to follow but seems to work well after I played it back several times. Take notes to help.
on January 5, 2013
meh.... I think this book is a little out there and far fetched. Didn't really help me any at all
on December 11, 2012
I bought this book on a recommendation from a buddy who used the diet. The book is massive! So many topics covered. The fat loss section was short is available free online with authors approval, but the book itself is so much more that it is worth the buy.

I do not agree with everything discussed in the book, as some things seem too far out and crazy that no normal person would try them. And the author makes sure to mention that not everything is for everyone, read the book and learn. Do what you feel is right for you.

Some sections of the book are very technical which makes for a dull read. But much of it is written in an easy to read manner that gives you a feeling lie the author is talking very personally as he writes it.

Overall, pretty good even if you do not read it all.
on December 7, 2012
Very helpful.
Easy to follow with lots of innovative tips
Good reference book and good to return to.
Not a book to curl up with though but handy to refer to as required.
on July 13, 2012
When I ordered, I thought I was ordering the book, but I got the audio book. Great surprise, I like to listen to audio as I work. I read the e-book so I actually knew what it was about. It is well narrated and pleasant to listen too. The only down side is that there are no chapter markings, so it's hard to find specific subjects.Great book and again excellent service through Amazon.
on May 5, 2012
This book added years to my life, if you don't buy it is your loss. Speaking of losses I weighed 285 lbs. at start, 8 months later 203 lbs. 50+ in first 4. I was 225 at 22 yrs olds I turn 53 in August. Bought this copy for a friend was #6 I have more than 50 people following Tim's book. You owe it to yourself and loved ones to follow this way of eating!!!! I have two sons who have no weight problems but used the diet and reduced workout theory to add muscle and reduce fat %, all their workout buddies are impressed and converting.
on March 30, 2012
Most of the chapters either taught me something new or refreshed my memory on things that I had read before. I was chalenged to try things that were new to me while avoiding pitfalls and errors. Some chapters I read more than once and will prefer to them again. I thought it was a great buy.
on March 9, 2012
If you want rapid body transformation, with straight forward talk, look no further. And all from a guy who got into the trenches and used his own body as the lab! Strength, size, sex, sleep? All in there, and more! Get the straight dope on protocols that are do-able. I followed his muscle gain recommendations and have gained back nine pounds (of a previous twelve pound fat loss), with no change in caliper measurement, in under two weeks! This book may help you get over your own torturous ascetic belief that it takes years to achieve what should take weeks or months. Buying this book will be an instantaneous first step in your quest for body mastery.
on February 11, 2012
Got the book after listening to the audio version. The book has tones of info at you finger tips , great stuff.