biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on July 13, 2012
When I ordered, I thought I was ordering the book, but I got the audio book. Great surprise, I like to listen to audio as I work. I read the e-book so I actually knew what it was about. It is well narrated and pleasant to listen too. The only down side is that there are no chapter markings, so it's hard to find specific subjects.Great book and again excellent service through Amazon.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2012
This book added years to my life, if you don't buy it is your loss. Speaking of losses I weighed 285 lbs. at start, 8 months later 203 lbs. 50+ in first 4. I was 225 at 22 yrs olds I turn 53 in August. Bought this copy for a friend was #6 I have more than 50 people following Tim's book. You owe it to yourself and loved ones to follow this way of eating!!!! I have two sons who have no weight problems but used the diet and reduced workout theory to add muscle and reduce fat %, all their workout buddies are impressed and converting.
on March 30, 2012
Most of the chapters either taught me something new or refreshed my memory on things that I had read before. I was chalenged to try things that were new to me while avoiding pitfalls and errors. Some chapters I read more than once and will prefer to them again. I thought it was a great buy.
on March 9, 2012
If you want rapid body transformation, with straight forward talk, look no further. And all from a guy who got into the trenches and used his own body as the lab! Strength, size, sex, sleep? All in there, and more! Get the straight dope on protocols that are do-able. I followed his muscle gain recommendations and have gained back nine pounds (of a previous twelve pound fat loss), with no change in caliper measurement, in under two weeks! This book may help you get over your own torturous ascetic belief that it takes years to achieve what should take weeks or months. Buying this book will be an instantaneous first step in your quest for body mastery.
on February 11, 2012
Got the book after listening to the audio version. The book has tones of info at you finger tips , great stuff.
on February 10, 2012
This book is amazing and a delight to read. The author makes his points in a very decisive manner while introducing humour in a subject that is very dry! I have enjoyed it immensely! Dieting is not much fun, but the way Timothy Ferriss explains everything is very down to earth and what's more... it REALLY works!

I definitely recommend this book to everyone who wishes to live a healthy life!
on October 26, 2011
I can't remember the last time that a book motivated or inspired me this much! What a tremendous amount of information packed into chapters that are digestible. What Timothy Ferris has done for us is truly worthy of recognition.
Often I have become daunted in the pursuit of some massive goal because the shear amount of steps involved, but here Timothy shows us how feasible it is to make body goals (be it loose fat or put on muscle or both) by cutting out all the crap and getting back to the simple. DON'T let the size of the book fool you. And I do agree with Timothy that you can read some chapters independently to get you started, but if your anything like me then you will keep coming back to read more.
Read this book while drinking fluids or eating with caution as you may be ejecting it out of your nose at some point!
on October 17, 2011
Have not listened to it yet - my mistake - I thought I was ordering the book - my husband's request was for a book but I'm sure this will do - thank you.
0Comment0 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2011
I enjoyed the four hour work week, and purchased this book hoping it would be offer some interesting and practical solutions for weight loss. I am a Personal Trainer and one of my my clients saw the book discussed on Dr. Oz, so she went and bought it. I like to see what's out there in the industry, and am always looking for useful bits of information to share with my clients. I also like to know whats being fed to people so that I can make appropriate comments and give guidance on whats useful or not. Unfortunately, there was little that could be classified as useful information in this book. As far as I am concerned, Ferliss is much more interested in making money and studying/talking about his fabulous self, than he is in helping others. He tells the reader to be cautious of bad statistics, poor studies, and out of context information used to sell people diet solutions, yet his book is full of exactly this kind of flawed research- absurdly that he has done on himself..clearly not of any value statistically whatsoever. Not to mention that he is selling all the supplements he suggests...which undermines all of his advice. His suggestion that people binge eat one day a week is ludicrous - he obviously does not understand that ingesting sugar and fats in gross proportions can induce cravings for days after..a physiological AND psychological fact. Not to mention the gastric distress it can cause, in turn putting stress on the body, increasing cortisol levels, and affecting insulin sensitivity- a HUGE problem.

His diet is unrealistic, and closely resembles many other fad diets already out there- it is restrictive and would certainly work - for the time you are on it. The problem is after, as we all know....when most people gain all they lost back and then some.

There is no magic solution people. Losing weight means changing your lifestyle permanantly...slow and steady wins the race. Fad diets fail. Period. Don't waste your money on this one. I felt like punching the writer out for wasting the time it took me to read the book, as well as adding my hard-earned $25.00 to his coffers.
0Comment5 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2011
In this book Tim has basically taken all the latest research on body modification, nutrition and training and tested it on himself. And it is absolutely fascinating.

Dont buy another book on dieting, exercise, losing weight, running faster, living longer, jumping higher, female orgasms, or holding your breath for as long as David Blaine until you have read this book.

It is fascinating.

And probably one of the best sections is the chapter on the reality behind "scientific" studies and research. This book will split your skull and OPEN YOUR MIND like nothing else.

Oh and I took one tip from this book and immediately started losing weight. After years and years of trying.

Thank you Tim!
0Comment2 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse