5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, but not from start to finish
I would say that 2/3 of the book really appeals to me, and the other 1/3 does not, and yet I feel like the $24 I spent on this 500 page beast of a book was well worth the price. From reading some reviews and discussion surrounding this book, I've come to realize that a lot of people really seem to hate it and its author Timothy Ferriss. I've seen him being accused of...
Published on Jan. 27 2011 by Devin

2.0 out of 5 stars Weak follow up
I'm a big fan of the Four Hour Work Week. Not only was it a great read, but it contained rather unique ideas that caused me to reevaluate how to run my business and also my life. I would go as far to say that it is one of the last decade's seminal pieces of business literature that all serious business people should read.

With that in mind, it's unfortunate...
Published on Dec 22 2010 by darkshadow77

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget Everything Else..., Jan. 11 2011
Glenn Hodgson (Caledon East, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman (Hardcover)
Looking for a redesign of your lifestyle, diet, exercise routine? Part diet book, part sex advice, part exercise routine, this book tackles every aspect of your life. I've read many portions of this book so far (even the authour recommends against reading too much at once) and I have been entertained, intrigued, and excited to put this into action. I'm quickly becoming a Timothy Ferriss junkie, and I would recommend this book to you. For $20(ish) what's the worst that could happen? I'm already dieting using the Slow Carb diet and I have started to implement some of his exercise suggestions. I'm looking forward to the continued change.

Buy it. Stop thinking. Stop reading reviews. Buy it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and Bad, March 16 2011
Jeff McAndrews (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This book has some great information, but is very poorly written. It's almost as if the author is spitting information at you. In a way it was an annoying read.

However there is bits and bites that any health enthusiast can take with them. It had some great information on a few new Ab workouts, and kettle bells, the meal plans are simple and reasonable and his three scale approach to sliding the percentage of exercise, diet and supplements is smart.

I find Tim Ferriss an interesting guy and someone to learn from, however this book is not a plan that the majority of us can live by. I see most people taking some good information from it and applying working it into there existing routine.

All in all good information, but again, very poorly written.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good purchase for me, March 30 2012
Most of the chapters either taught me something new or refreshed my memory on things that I had read before. I was chalenged to try things that were new to me while avoiding pitfalls and errors. Some chapters I read more than once and will prefer to them again. I thought it was a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, Feb. 11 2012
Got the book after listening to the audio version. The book has tones of info at you finger tips , great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 4-Hour Body, Feb. 10 2012
This book is amazing and a delight to read. The author makes his points in a very decisive manner while introducing humour in a subject that is very dry! I have enjoyed it immensely! Dieting is not much fun, but the way Timothy Ferriss explains everything is very down to earth and what's more... it REALLY works!

I definitely recommend this book to everyone who wishes to live a healthy life!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 pounds, 2 weeks, Aug. 9 2011
I just spent a day munching on chocolate, croissants, caramel dip, chips, alcohol, and cheese...I've lost 5 pounds in the last two weeks. THIS DIET ROCKS!

4.0 out of 5 stars The 4-hour body lern a lot, Feb. 27 2011
This book has a lot of valuable information that is easy to read and understand. Even if you don't follow the whole plan you can easily learn and apply the information he gives to day to day life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent body of knowledge, Jan. 15 2011
This book is very well laid out, considers that you might just want to improve a few things in your life at a time, and had incredible detail.

I recommend to anyone who wants to learn about how their body works in relation to weight, injuries, and exercise.

5.0 out of 5 stars You have to read this, Jan. 14 2011
I've been a personal trainer for about 7 years and this book has changed the way I look at most things. Invaluable insight is provided and some of the craziest and most effective techniques I have ever seen or used.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 hour body - great resource, Jan. 12 2011
I've read and own tons of fitness/health books - I honestly think this will be my main reference on diet/health and fitness for years to come...highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 | Next ›