5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, but not from start to finish
I would say that 2/3 of the book really appeals to me, and the other 1/3 does not, and yet I feel like the $24 I spent on this 500 page beast of a book was well worth the price. From reading some reviews and discussion surrounding this book, I've come to realize that a lot of people really seem to hate it and its author Timothy Ferriss. I've seen him being accused of...
Published on Jan. 27 2011 by Devin

2.0 out of 5 stars Weak follow up
I'm a big fan of the Four Hour Work Week. Not only was it a great read, but it contained rather unique ideas that caused me to reevaluate how to run my business and also my life. I would go as far to say that it is one of the last decade's seminal pieces of business literature that all serious business people should read.

With that in mind, it's unfortunate...
Published on Dec 22 2010 by darkshadow77

‹ Previous | 15 6 710 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars It's an OK book, but nothing special. Certainly ..., July 23 2015
This review is from: The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman (Hardcover)
It's an OK book, but nothing special. Certainly not a note of '5', but there is a lot of positive things that if implemented would be positive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Original, July 30 2013
N. Joyce (BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
I like the research that's gone into this book. Friends of mine have had amazing success with this program and I look forward to the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging, June 24 2014
Awesome book! Love Tim Ferriss' writing style. This book keeps you fascinated by all of the superhuman research that Tim has done.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a sustainable lifestyle - Epic fail, Jan. 14 2011
LORI (BRAMPTON, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
A disorganized mess of a book - his editor should be unemployed. Yes you can select the chapters you are interested in (which I did), however you must wade through his ramblings to actually extract the info required to proceed. Yes I tried it - yes I lost 9.9 lbs in 11 days. Would I recommend it? - No! Your food choices are exceptionally limited (no dairy, no grains, no fruit), effort required to prepare 4 very specific meals and eat every 4 hours while maintaining a busy life was next to impossible. Enjoyment factor in what you actually get to eat 6 days per week - zip! You are so deprived by "cheat day" that you make yourself ill (which he actually predicts). I am under no illusion that this 9.9 lbs is lost and gone forever as this is not a sustainable lifestyle.

Before you dismiss this review, I would like you to consider that I am a 52 year old female who has lost 80 lbs on my own with healthy eating and exercise. I am not a stranger to the gym, I workout 6 days per week, bench press 60 lbs and have maintained this weight loss for 7 years.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, June 6 2011
BrahmaBull "BrahmaBull" (Kitchener, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Loved the first two-thirds of the Four Hour Workweek. I've also enjoyed following Tim Ferriss's blog as well. So when I saw he'd written a book about the body, mind and other physical issues, I thought great, being an avid workout fiend, and always looking to improve on my genetic lot in life.

What a huge disappointment. Don't be fooled - the depth of research and discussion is non-existent, and his use of personal anecdotes and observations should be discounted - everyone is different.

It is also hugely contradictory from chapter to chapter. For example he talks about the ills of dairy products one chapter, to espousing the virtues of it in another.

He dangerously discusses nootropics, and the discussions on sleep phasing is almost ridiculous.

I don't know... a huge huge disappointment, and there are certainly better sources of information in other books and on the web if needed on almost every subject in this book.

Don't buy. Take it out of the library (like I did).

3.0 out of 5 stars work in progress, Feb. 21 2013
Big book, new concepts, still plugging away at this. It is a refreshingly new way of looking at taking care of one's body

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written and direct, April 24 2013
A great starting point for anyone looking to improve and/or fix their body. Diet is simple, exercises work very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget Everything Else..., Jan. 11 2011
Glenn Hodgson (Caledon East, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Looking for a redesign of your lifestyle, diet, exercise routine? Part diet book, part sex advice, part exercise routine, this book tackles every aspect of your life. I've read many portions of this book so far (even the authour recommends against reading too much at once) and I have been entertained, intrigued, and excited to put this into action. I'm quickly becoming a Timothy Ferriss junkie, and I would recommend this book to you. For $20(ish) what's the worst that could happen? I'm already dieting using the Slow Carb diet and I have started to implement some of his exercise suggestions. I'm looking forward to the continued change.

Buy it. Stop thinking. Stop reading reviews. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read. Tremendous amount of great info, Oct. 13 2014
Tim, well done! Loved 4hww and loving 4hb and 4hc. Great stuff. Can't wait to see what is next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book. Easy read., Jan. 21 2015
Amazing read. So many great tips and tricks for hacking the body. Just get it!!

‹ Previous | 15 6 710 | Next ›