5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Astonishing!
Published on March 10 2010 by Johnathan Mcilvride

3.0 out of 5 stars Not always accurate
Mostly this book is fantastic, particularly all the guides and lists that come after the walk through. in the walkthrough section there are a number of places that I would have liked to have seen some more useful information, such as when the book tells you to level your characters in a certain manner and then doesn't tell you at any point to change from the original...
Published on Dec 29 2010 by meanjoanna

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Astonishing!, March 10 2010
I'll start with saying I really don't purchase that many strategy guides. With a Gamespot membership I get all my reviews, guides, and more. The only times I place an order for a physical guide is when there will be a hardcover or collector's edition released for select games. With that said my most recent claims have been the Mass Effect 2 Hardcover Col. Edition, and the Fallout 3 Hardbind Col. Edition. Based on my experiences with all the game guides out there that I have browsed through and the one's I own. These are my feelings.

This guide has topped them all. I have never seen a more impressive display of in-game screenshots, cinematics captures, and artwork all bound into one book. The detail is exquisite. The pages are truly high quality heavy duty paper as advertised. The cover and binding are done wonderfully. I would buy this guide again, and in fact I have, just because of the quality put into it. It is truly a coffee table book that will go amongst my best.

If you were smart enough to pre-order a copy, or lucky enough to snag one if you weren't aware of it's release. Then congratulations, you're in for a real treat. This guide has been sold out at almost every store accross the continent, and will be sold out online within weeks. The price of the original Amazon pre-order was a remarkable $25 CD average, $20 US. Unbeatable for the quality. Gamestop and Ebgames were offering it for $40 with a 10% discount if you purchased the game as well. I anticipate any remaining copies after the first week will rise in price by 100-150%. Only 226,000 copies in print.

For those of you unable to get this version, the paperback version is basically identicle in content. The quality is slightly above standard from your average paperback guide. Regardless of which one you get, it's worth getting at least one for the price they're being released at. Without a doubt those prices will double within a month, so grab it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, June 30 2014
This review is from: Final Fantasy XIII: Complete Official Guide - Standard Edition (Paperback)
Awesome help and a must for any collector. Maybe not the best in the series but good story and this guide helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing artwork and comprehensive guide., Dec 12 2013
J. Morgan "Craig St. Cyr" (Thunder Bay, Ontario) - See all my reviews
I recommend picking this up if you haven't played FF XIII yet. Not only is it a great accessory while playing the game, but it's sure to appreciate in value as the years go by.

5.0 out of 5 stars ff13 stategy guide, Oct. 26 2013
this guide had everything i needed to complete the game and more- it saved me countless hours of grinding and frustration.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality guide, July 4 2013
The quality of the paper used in this guide is top notch. Making it really feel like a collectors item, and it's all in colours. The strategy itself is also really good, even though there are guide online. Considering this guide was made before the game's release, it still holds up to other guides that came after it. Plus it's just cumbersome to scroll through online guide, so I really enjoy having a physical copy. This guide also shines light on the incredible battle system that this game has (it's really a easy to learn, hard master system), which considering the amount of people still saying this game is press X to win, they should all buy a copy of this guide.

My biggest disappointment with this guide comes from the fact that it didn't include enough on mechanics of the game like damage/chain calculations, cut/keep mechanism etc, which the Japanese guide had. I only want to buy a guide if I think the game has great depth (typically JRPGS), I need the guide to go into absolute detail about the mechanics. The information was clearly available, since the Japanese guide had it. Maybe they though Westerners don't care about those things like the Japanese do, but I really do care. On a side note, their FFXIII-2 guide improved upon this aspect a lot.

Overall, I still recommend this guide to anyone who loves Final Fantasy XIII and wants to get the most out of the game. This is my first guide bought from Piggyback, and I will buy more in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, very good information, Jan. 14 2013
Pretty! Love the paper quality and pictures, and it gives a good walkthrough while showing you locations for treasures etc. It gives full maps, labeled, and takes you through the game in the order they recommend you play it in. Very happy with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, excellent game!!!, April 26 2012
Even though I have not completed the game yet the information I received from this book was second to none. I have played all final fantasy games and have boughten books for almost all of them as the information in the instruction booklet that comes with the game just does not cover all the basics. As we all know that every final fantasy game changes how things are done so therefore extra help is always needed. While the internet is a great tool it is much better to have a book right there when you need it an this book is great, I would recomend this book to anyone who plays this game and you cannot beat the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I bought 5 instead of 1, March 24 2010
S. V. Robichaud (Quebec City, Canada) - See all my reviews
Nothing bad to say about this book, it's great!

The only problem I have with it is the fact I only bought one.

I kept my LE version sealed and bought a regular version since they are pretty much similar, appart from the fact one is Hardcover and has just a few art pages.

I wouldn't recommend paying a lot for it like on ebay and stuff like that. The Regular edition does the job well too. Plus, the softcover regular edition is softcover which makes it easier to read IMO.

The guide is great, in the table of contents, it says which section is mostly prone to spoilers (either story spoilers, or gameplay spoilers) and each walkthrough section provides a detailed map.

I would recommend this for FF XIII fans, but you won't really need it for strategic purposes since the game is already pretty linear :P

5.0 out of 5 stars Piggyback make this best guides, April 9 2010
S. Carignan - See all my reviews
Like all Piggyback guides, this is a very well constructed guide that offers all the info you need, but with minimal spoilers. The walkthrough offers all the info you need to get through the battles and where to power level. It offers great info on how to upgrade your weapons and paradigm system. I highly recommend this guide.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre game made better with Guide, Sept. 16 2011
S. Wong - See all my reviews
I have been a Final Fantasy fan since the beginning and I must say that from the first original game to around FF10, the series has been plummeting down big-time. The MMOs are too much and FF12 and this semi-stinker FF13 have really diverged from what FF really conveyed. I think the CG and tech have overshadowed what made these games great, which is the story. Anyways, I found that trudging through this game was a chore and a bore getting killed left and right because I wasn't strong enough or the stupid paradigm system failed me or I stumbled into an area I could access but then got lost as to what to do (even though the game was pretty much all linear; go from point A to B; which in my opinion is not an RPG anymore, thats an action-adventure) However, after getting this Guide, I found it alot easier to get through this game with ease and could actually concentrate on story (as if the story even mattered anyways!) and even setup the paradigms (which is still a stupid system; bring back ATB or its not RPG!!!)

Note to Square Enix: remember those games you had called Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy VII......well, do you remember???? or is it just about selling product branded with the FF logo and making profit? Because I'll tell you one thing, if you return the series back to the way those three were made, in terms of story with the improved graphics and tech available now, you don't even need to think about profit margins etc.............the margin will be crushed by all that moving product.
..........just a thought.........