biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools boutiques-francophones ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

on December 6, 2015
Follow up to good calories bad calories. A must read for anyone more serious about actual health and knowledge rather than fads or socially pressured views.
on November 23, 2015
This book breaks down what happens in our bodies when we consume high-carb, sugary foods. While there is a great deal of science (at times I felt like I was back in high school studying for biology!), it was "dumbed-down" enough that I did not feel like tuning out. I read the whole thing in a week! And now that I understand the WHY, the appendix has all that I need to follow the HOW.
on November 22, 2015
Quick easy sensible read
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 7, 2015
Excellent book..one of the many Keto-related I have read. I enjoyed this one very much.
on October 22, 2015
Excellent
on October 10, 2015
Awesome boo.
on October 8, 2015
Although much research went into finding the studies that back-up the argument against sugar and carbs and for fat consumption, which I agree with and practice, towards the end of the book, when suggestions are given as to what to eat, I was really thrown when I saw the author recommend Splenda as a sweetener and any oil ( including polyunsaturated oils) as good. That's terrible advise. Although it may help lose weight but Splenda messes with your intestinal microbes and your sweet receptors and polyunsaturated oils turn into trans fats when heated or even exposed to oxygen. So you may lose weight but compromise your health by following his suggested foods
on September 28, 2015
This is, in a way, a complementary study to BIG FAT SURPRISE by Nina Teichholz. It is a layman's edition of GOOD CALORIES, BAD CALORIES, and together with the Teichholz book may be one of the most important contributions to the study of human nourishment written in the past decade. To follow the cumulative advice given is to return to the form of eating that has served the human race well for thousands of years. That would be the easy part. It is harder to upend and ignore the advice from diet so-called 'authorities' who have been telling us for half a century to eat more carbohydrate and less fat. This advice, it turns out, is not only 180 degrees in the wrong direction, but has been actively harmful, as witnessed by rising rates of type 2 diabetes, obesity, stroke and cardiac disease. Ignore this new/old information at your peril.
on August 6, 2015
EVERYONE should read this book !!!!!!!!!!!
on August 3, 2015
Found this book to be well written, concise, and practical. Put it into practice about a month ago, and have already lost 15 pounds without really trying. The theories presented in the book make sense to me, and I have seem some very recent studies in the literature that correlate well with what G. Taubes is asserting in this book. It is about time that the medical field stops with the chant of 'calories in, calories out' as it just does NOT work for lots of people. I know several people who have changed their way of eating to follow these guidelines, and it works for them. They eat well, exercise moderately, and maintain a healthy body.