‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionnel, Feb. 8 2010
This review is from: Mastering the Art of French Cooking Boxed Set: Volumes 1 and 2 (Hardcover)
Ce livre de Julia Child est clair facile à comprendre et nous propose des techniques qui fonctionnent très bien. Je le consulte souvent.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW-The Very Best Cookbook of any cuisine, Sept. 22 1999
By A Customer
I became interested in cooking when I moved out of the dorm in 1970. The quest for good food led to a life-long passion for honest good food. The French approach eating with a sincereity Americans lack. Julia has been able to present classic French Cuisine to generations of Americans. This set of two volumes contains the essence of French cooking that will serve as a foundation to wherever one travels on the food road. Mine is almost disentegrating from years of loving use, and I am replacing one for the library, but plan to continue to use my dog-eared friend!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for the home chef, Nov. 1 2012
bookweasel (Calgary AB) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This pair of books will turn the average cook into a great cook. They cover the basics of French cooking in an easy to read format, the recipes work and the result is delicious. If you have read Dearie, Julia's biography, you will know that this started life as a French cookbook written by the other two authors. To get their book published they enlisted Julia to help write the book in American. They then strove for several years to write the perfect French cookbook for the American housewife. The result was an instant best seller and one of the all time great treatises on French cooking. It is not up to date and may be found lacking by cutting edge cooks but it is absolutely terrific for most cooks and of interest in the evolution of food in America. Every household should have a copy.Also I bought this elsewhere because it was $35 cheaper for the set.

5.0 out of 5 stars To me this book is irreplaceable, so I'm ordering a new one., Aug. 23 1998
With the help of this book, I taught myself to cook using the basic French cooking instructions in the book. Thirty some years later, after two-year's work/study in a small (then non-accredited) cooking school, I still refer to it. I refer to it for many reasons, least of which is to jog my memory. My ancient copy (circa 1960?) is coming apart at the binding, so I need to replace it. This book is inspiration!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can make anyone into a French Chef, Dec 12 1998
David S. Lopez (Southern California) - See all my reviews
I discovered this cookbook several years ago and, at least gastronomically, it changed my life forever. The recipes are broken down into the absolute simplest steps possible. The sauces are phenomenal. One can finally appreciate the notoriety that French cooking has (deservedly) earned by preparing and tasting any of these recipes. Julia has confirmed me as a French cooking fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Julia's voice on every page!, June 2 2013
A great addition to the cookbook shelf. Finally, a pie crust recipe and method that works...that alone made it worth buying the set!

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so great!!, April 30 2010
N. Burton (Conception Bay South, NL Canada) - See all my reviews
Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to use these books as much as I would have liked so far. I have read other reviews that state they can be read almost like a novel - which is true. But with 2 young children hard to find the time!!

I have used it to look things up quickly and it has been helpful - the parts I have actually sat down and took the time to read have been excellent - I am learning tidbits of information and the proper "how to's" that make the process much easier and satisfying as the results are better. I consider myself a pretty experienced "home cook" and I have found them to be a great resource. If you are just new to cooking you will find it that much more beneficial!!

It is updated for the use of food processors etc.

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best base cooking book in my kitchen book shelf, May 4 1997
By A Customer
I am using regularly this book as a practical user guide manual

when it is my job to prepare a good and delicous dinner for family on Saturday evenings.

The receipts and workflows of making meals are detailed and easy to follow.

Risto Salmela

5.0 out of 5 stars Julia...., Feb. 2 2013
How can you not love Julia's cooking?!! There is nothing bad to be said about this book. Great set of book for someone who wants to cook something really, really tasty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mastering the art of French Cooking, Feb. 4 2012
Gayle Storey "coorslite" (Parker CA) - See all my reviews
""These books are just amazing It isn't just about recipes but about the method of doing
it If you want to cook that cut above these books are for you

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›