5.0 out of 5 stars indispensible, Feb. 28 2010
E. Hyde - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Way To Cook DVD (DVD)
Julia is an absolute genius. I cook alot and some of the great tips in the dvd have been passed down to me from my mom. But, there were so many more. Obviously, the recipes are outdated in terms of fat/salt content. But just watching Julia in action and how she handles the food is worth the price. The companion book is wonderful and organized. I love this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sup on a glass of wine while you're watching and life is perfect!, July 26 2014
This review is from: The Way To Cook DVD (DVD)
It's like having your own private cooking tutor. This DVD isn't about recipes, it's about the countless cooking tips that you would never learn if someone didn't show you. Julia Child shows you. I am on my way to being a much better cook because of these six hours of in depth training. I'm loving this DVD set, and I'm loving what I'm cooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Julia is great, let her into your home!, Jan. 21 2012
This review is from: The Way To Cook DVD (DVD)
Amazingly, Julia Child is able to be many things - master chef, charming presenter, and inspiration.

She is able to pick up all the elements of classic French cookery, and make us feel 'hey I can do that too.' Of course Child pioneered bringing French cooking ideals to America, overcoming hurdles and challenges of the 'old school elite' in France. Yet she relates it all with simplicity, warmth and great encouragement.

In this DVD set Julia teaches cooking skills so effectively because she shares her passion and commitment - this all flows effortlessly from the core of her being with great warmth and charm. She serves culinary excellence because she WANTS to, and this is a great lesson for doing anything with passion.

I think if you invite friendly Julia Child to share her wisdom, you will compelled to watch her interesting lessons, and then you will be running to the grocer and kitchen with a newly fired passion to create - and enjoy - great-tasting and soulful food.

Bon appetit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tips on how to cook., March 23 2013
This review is from: The Way To Cook DVD (DVD)
As usual Julia is a joy to watch. Her instructions are thorough and if you miss something while watching there is a booklet included. I am learning to cook the right way and enjoying it.

The Way To Cook DVD
The Way To Cook DVD by Julia Child (DVD - Dec 8 2009)
CDN$ 28.95 CDN$ 18.24