4.0 out of 5 stars better than given credit for, and here's why...
Published on Jan. 15 2012 by from canada

1.0 out of 5 stars Self indulgent
Published 17 months ago by Renata

4.0 out of 5 stars better than given credit for, and here's why..., Jan. 15 2012
This review is from: Aleph (Hardcover)
Let me start by saying that I rarely write long reviews for the products I've purchased on Amazon, but I feel a deep urge to defend this book and the story told behind it with Coelho's readers and fans. Aleph requires an open mind and a much greater and broader understanding of life, as you pass through it. You will learn to appreciate exactly what this entails if you give it a chance. I could relate to the story more than expected, after reading some negative reviews, because I've considered multiple variations of 'the master plan' and our will to pursue it. Coelho seems to open a window into his soul, and many others, as he writes with vulnerability and truth to unique experiences. You can formulate your own judgments or opinions about its meaning, but I believe that it goes far beyond infidelity. I hope that you allow the story to open the windows of your soul, as you accept and read the tale of his... enjoy! It's worth the time, if given the space. Whether or not you choose to entirely depends on how ready you are for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Self indulgent, May 8 2013
This review is from: Aleph (Paperback)
I have read a few of his books in the past and really enjoyed them. However, I found Aleph to be obnoxiously self indulgent and intellectually arrogant. I managed to plod through this wreck of a book on sheer will. The characters were, with few exception, one dimensional, and quite frankly I could not have cared less what happened to any of them. Coelho's spiritual and intellectual arrogance was so obnoxious that I seriously doubt I will ever be able to read another of his books.

4.0 out of 5 stars fascinating, May 20 2014
This review is from: Aleph (Kindle Edition)
interestingly packaged with enough suspense to keep you hooked, and some really special informations. Easier to understand than some of his other works. Worth the read.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, Dec 6 2013
This review is from: Aleph (Paperback)
Somebody described it as 'a journey throught the ego,' and I agree. The start of the book is excellent, I was so excited to get into it. But it dissolves into a random soliloquees of the writer putting himself above others. And then there's the strange and dominating relationship between him and a young girl, I really hope that was not based on real life events because grandpa gets a little too pervy for my taste. What happened Paulo?

5.0 out of 5 stars hello, Jan. 18 2013
This review is from: Aleph (Paperback)
it is been many years that I am buying Paulo Cohelo books.Often I buy online on Amazon .I just love to read...

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Paulo Coelho, Jan. 15 2013
This review is from: Aleph (Paperback)
It is a wonderful read which draws on all of Paulo Coelho's writing strengths, love, sprituality and journies. The characters are alive and vibrant. The lessons taught and learned by the characters resonate long after the last page has been read.

5.0 out of 5 stars An authorial voice which, at once, startles and arrests the reader,, Jan. 10 2013
This review is from: Aleph (Kindle Edition)
This is my first venture into Coelho's work.

The initial impression is of a style which is as difficult to adjust to as it is startling - and yet its individuality and sheer candour are refreshing and thought-provoking.

Coelho certainly made me question many presuppositions about what a faith can offer as consolation to the sceptic and the spiritually lost.

It is not so much the answers that he offers, as the narrative moves from Europe to the Far East, but rather the unfolding of what can still be less than futile in life as we pass from culture to culture and find the same need for hope.

Altogether, a demanding but ultimately satisfying read for those who search for landmarks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Could not put the book down!, Jan. 3 2013
sanaz (EAST LANSING, MI, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aleph (Paperback)
It is a Paulo Coelho ! what else would you expect ? I so love his work. I cannot say that was one of his best but I love reading all his books.

5.0 out of 5 stars is a must read, Feb. 23 2012
This review is from: Aleph (Hardcover)
this is an amazing self discorevy book, I highly recomend it, loved it, i`ve read it twice since i got it. I love Paulo Coelho

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, Sept. 25 2014
This review is from: Aleph (Kindle Edition)
One of his best book. I read almost all of them and this one I'd highly recommend it.

Aleph
Aleph by Paulo Coelho (Hardcover - Sept. 27 2011)
CDN$ 27.95 CDN$ 17.61