5.0 out of 5 stars HOLY SHUCK!!!
Published on Oct. 12 2011 by Laurie

3.0 out of 5 stars It was okay.
I have been following this book series and I didn't like how he finished off the books. I don't want to ruin the ending for some people, but I didn't like it. Some people might, it really depends on which character you like better. But, I do love the rest of the books, and I loved this one 'till the end.
Published 22 months ago by Aimee Wilkinson

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting Finale, Jan. 18 2012
Coreena - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I really enjoyed this third installment of The Maze Runner Series. It was satisfying and exciting. Like the other books, it was tough talking, action packed and full of mystery. Again, there are Cranks, who are people infected by the deadly Flare virus. I like this kind of take on zombies and the dilemmas dealing with them. The book started off fast and managed to give a lot of back story from the other books without seeming repetative or overly narrative.

Thomas grew in this book, though there were a few times where I thought he did reckless things just because he was not thinking properly. Maybe that makes him more human. There was one point I just wanted to yell at him to stop what he was doing. He gets faced with some tough decisions and not everything is completely rectified for him, which is interesting.

The friendships were done really well and were, for me, some of the best parts of the book.

There are so many juicy plot twists and moral issues that come up in this book that it keeps the reader turning pages. Then there are times when I felt that everything goes from bad to worse to even worse. Then, just for fun, even worse than that. Certainly, near the end of the book, I was rivited, waiting to see what would happen next. Some things also come full circle, which is quite satisfying and I have to say that I liked the ending, but won't say any more than that.

I would recommend this series for late middle school and young adult readers and think that it will especially appeal to boys.

5.0 out of 5 stars HOLY SHUCK!!!, Oct. 12 2011
Laurie (ONT, Canada) - See all my reviews
HOLY SHUCK!!! This book is awesome!!! I got the book yesterday but thanks to darn things like work getting in the way I just finished it a day later. I could not put it down, 400 pages of suspense. Did Thomas get out of the white walls?, did they find the other Gladers? did Teresa stab him in the back AGAIN? is WICKED good? all while they have to fight with a city of Cranks with electric grenades, guns and hand to hand combat with the help of some old friends and new friends. Also having to fight with flare which leads to the Oh My God part of the book that made me to cry and throw the book across the room all at the same time but the story wasn't over. WICKED was still after them and Thomas had to decide if he was going to give in or to keep on fighting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of The Death Cure by James Dashner, Nov. 22 2011
Gwenyth Love (Toronto, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This final book in The Maze Runner trilogy picks up right where The Scorch Trials left off. Thomas is in a white padded room, contemplating something interesting...

"It was the smell that began to drive Thomas slightly mad. Not being alone for over three weeks. Not the white walls, ceiling and floor."

James Dashner definitely brought his A game back when writing The Death Cure. All the minor things that annoyed the heck out of me in The Scorch Trials was smoothed over by the fabulous writing and story-telling in this conclusion. It was an amazingly awesome wrap-up to this exciting and enjoyable series.

I don't want to give too much away, because I know nothing ruins my day more than stumbling across a nasty spoiler that drives me crazy for days on end...but I just have to say that I absolutely adore a writer who is not afraid to kill off main characters if and when it needs to be done. And to do it right! I mean, not just kill them to get a reaction, and not just for a matter of convenience sake, but because this character MUST die for things to be right with the world, and the story (if that even makes sense to you...it does to me...at least in my head...).

That comradeship that was built in The Maze Runner comes back into play in The Death Cure and you see, and feel, how important these relationships these characters have built with each other are, and how fragile they can become when push comes to shove. You care about these characters and what can, and does, happen to them. They are almost like family now!

The chapters, as always, were kept short, yet involved, which keeps the readers interested and coming back for more. Overall it was an amazing story that I am glad I got the opportunity to read and review. The ending cleared up almost all outstanding issues and I was really impressed with the series as a whole.

I recommend this book, and this series, to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, March 11 2014
KMK (North Central,Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Our grandson who was 8 at the time read all three books in the series and really loved this, the first book in the series he did a book report in school with it and got an "A".

5.0 out of 5 stars review one, July 11 2013
this book is AMAZING i love it especially the ending i love most of the charcters my favorite one was Thomas he was the best

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Read, July 9 2013
James "The Dude" Dasher does it again... what a great read and a great series... can't wait for the movie rights to be sold :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, April 4 2013
If you like this series you'll enjoy this book. A great conclusion to the series, for me better than the second.

3.0 out of 5 stars It was okay., June 5 2012
Aimee Wilkinson (Nova Scotia, Canada) - See all my reviews

ARRAY(0xb6e3118c)

The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3)
The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3) by James Dashner (Audio CD - Oct. 11 2011)
CDN$ 50.00 CDN$ 31.50