5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Dickens
Published on Aug. 22 2011 by Gundelsploom

1.0 out of 5 stars Fine Thoughts; Poor Presentation
Published on Jan. 22 2012 by MJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Dickens, Aug. 22 2011
This review is from: In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks: . . . And Other Complaints from an Angry Middle-Aged White Guy (Hardcover)
Better than Dickens, well perhaps not, but probably a lot more entertaining. After reading Corolla's 250+ page rant, it occured to me that I too have had many of these complaints, but did not have the fortitude or courage to put it on paper. I hate to admit it, but this guilty pleasure is one of the best books I've read in some time. His rants are always entertaining, but given time for sober second thought, they actually make sense. How long will it be before we hear Corolla for President.

5.0 out of 5 stars I rarely rate stuff, but..........., July 6 2012
Adam at his finest! This was incredibly entertaining. I've heard Adam on Howard Stern and he's brilliant, so I figured I couldn't go wrong ordering both of his audio CD's. He does so well with this, it's more like a comedy CD rather than an audio book. I've now started to listen to Not Taco Bell Material, and it's brilliant as well. Both, highly recommended!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars GOT TO GET IT ON!, June 14 2012
IT IS LIKE HAVE ACCESS TO THE BEST OF OLD MAN CAROLLAS'S RANTS ON YOUR BOOKSHELF.
IF YOU ARE A FAN BUT IT, IF YOU ARE NOT A FAN BUT IT AND YOU WILL BECOME A FAN.

5.0 out of 5 stars GET IT ON!!!!, April 28 2011
After much anticipation i was lucky to receive this book as a Christmas present ( I specifically asked for it). It's a great book very good and enjoyable read. If you like to laugh and get a very different perspective on a lot of subjects you will absolutely enjoy this book. I can't wait until the next one is released

5 STARS

5.0 out of 5 stars In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks, April 17 2011
Awesome Book, I'm a fan of his Podcast, and wanted to support Adam, but the book was better than I could have expected, wildly entertaining, the laughs just don't stop. Next stop, Audio Book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it !, Dec 13 2010
I have heard Adam on the Howard Stern Show many times, but I was never too familiar with his work.

His most recent visit to the Stern Show turned me on to this great book.

I am really glad I ended up purchasing this, all of his observations into everything we see in day to day life are spot on.

thank you for writing this Adam !

1.0 out of 5 stars Fine Thoughts; Poor Presentation, Jan. 22 2012
I previously had read an excerpt of this book on a web site. I was sufficiently intrigued to invest the money to buy a copy of his literary effort. I am sympathetic to many of the positions Carolla takes; however, he is apparently incapable of expressing himself without descending into the gutter. Piling expletives atop vulgarities, Carolla leads his reader on a continual trip through a linguistic sewer. What value might have been obtained from his thoughts was destroyed by his inability to express himself without resorting to infantile expressions presented solely for an attempted shock value. I confess a degree of amusement at his transformation of vulgarities and expletives into verbs, nouns, adverbs and adjectives; the diversity was breathtaking, though unnecessary and ultimately tiring.

I worked as a pipe fitter and served as a Marine, so I am not unfamiliar with strong language; however, I am dismayed whenever I witness the lack of ability to employ our mother tongue to its full power, such as was evidenced in Carolla's book. I finally disposed of the book in the trash, where it belongs.

Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01