boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage march SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on May 20, 2015
I thought this would be a good vacation read, a light cheap laugh. And it's chuckle-worthy for about twenty pages. Then it degenerates into ignorance and misogyny. The "insights" are shallow and dumb, and the jokes just feel bitter. Carolla just sees the worst in the world and he thinks you should see it the same way.

Ugh. For a guy who's done so well for himself, you'd think he might learn to cheer up.
on January 22, 2012
I previously had read an excerpt of this book on a web site. I was sufficiently intrigued to invest the money to buy a copy of his literary effort. I am sympathetic to many of the positions Carolla takes; however, he is apparently incapable of expressing himself without descending into the gutter. Piling expletives atop vulgarities, Carolla leads his reader on a continual trip through a linguistic sewer. What value might have been obtained from his thoughts was destroyed by his inability to express himself without resorting to infantile expressions presented solely for an attempted shock value. I confess a degree of amusement at his transformation of vulgarities and expletives into verbs, nouns, adverbs and adjectives; the diversity was breathtaking, though unnecessary and ultimately tiring.

I worked as a pipe fitter and served as a Marine, so I am not unfamiliar with strong language; however, I am dismayed whenever I witness the lack of ability to employ our mother tongue to its full power, such as was evidenced in Carolla's book. I finally disposed of the book in the trash, where it belongs.
on September 15, 2014
I never heard of the author before buying the book on a whim, needing something to read while always on holidays, and flipping through the comedy section for a change of pace. This book, in my opinion, is neither remotely, funny, insightful, nor interesting. I pitched it aside after struggling through a few chapters: it's a waste of 10 bucks.