march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
I have no idea what this book is about. I admit that at page 99 I started to skip the everlastingly long, never ending passages. I was hoping for a story, which is the reason I read a book, I love a good story, and unfortunately none emerged.
Knowing nothing about the country in which the book is set I have gathered from the book that (a) the people believe steadfastly in myth, superstition & fairy tales; & (b) the people are surly & bad tempered.
This may mean nothing in the scheme of things, but Natalia's father is never mentioned. Who & where is he?
It is clear that the author, young as she is, has a vivid imagination. I hope she will put it to good use in another book that makes sense; one with a story would be nice.
I don't enjoy reading 338 pages of mumbo-jumbo.
on December 30, 2011
I should have stopped reading after the first chapter but kept reading hoping there would be a point to the story. There never was. I don't know why this book is a best seller. It's boring, rambling, and incoherent.