5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, honest, smart, and funny some more.
Reading Mindy Kaling's book on the subway is a sure fire way to get attention. You will read. You will laugh out loud. You will get stared at.

It's easy to compare her to the likes of Tina Fey and Nora Ephron, but she is an original unto her hilarious self.

Published on Nov. 3 2011 by Rachel

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh
I thought this book would be funny because on t.v. I find her very entertaining. This book fell short. But that's just my opinion - take it with a grain of salt
Published 10 months ago by Erin Baird

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, honest, smart, and funny some more., Nov. 3 2011
This review is from: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) (Hardcover)

To be perfectly honest, I believe that Mindy Kaling looked deep into my soul and my brainpan and wrote this book just for me. I relate to it on so many different levels. From her thoughts on Mark Darcy, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Paul Rudd in Wet Hot American Summer (only one of the best movies ever, btw), and wanting a clear definition for 'hooking up', her essays are enjoyable, funny, smart, and hard to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Mindy!, Nov. 17 2014
This is a funny book. It's a book I wish I had written and I wish I could hang out with her. I've read it more than once and I'm pretty sure I'll read it many more times. I recommend it to anyone with a great sense of humour who wants a light, easy read for times like: laying in bed with too many thoughts in your head and unable to sleep, waiting in a long line at Costco, sitting in a waiting room, someone is invading your 'me time' with their inane chitchat, etc....

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't think twice, you must buy this book., Nov. 16 2014
This book is wonderful and is also the reason why I have received a shocking number disapproving looks on the subway/streetcar. I kept looking like a crazy person for laughing (to myself) out loud. Mindy Kaling, please come out with another book soon! You are pleasantly consistent in your delivery of comedy.

Sincerely,
Ashley (aka someone who never posts online reviews unless something is sinfully awful, or in this case, too good to be true)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Kaling, Pure Fun!, Aug. 9 2013
James D. Scott (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
If you like Mindy you will love learning more about her via this book. It's very much a biography with some fun info about The Office, etc. I highly recommend - if you want a "beach read" book that you can finish in one day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, Aug. 1 2013
I really loved this book. It was so funny!! I didn't expect anything less. Mindy is such a great writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, July 22 2013
An excellent read! Mindy is a great balance of funny, serious and introspective. It felt like I had made a new friend by the end of the book!

4.0 out of 5 stars So funny!, June 19 2013
I loved this book, Mindy does a great job of balancing insanely hilarious humour with emotional satirically recounted stories of her childhood. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, May 31 2013
I bought this book for my son as he loves Mindy Kaling. He said he loved it, He said it very funny. He wishes she would do another book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Relatable, Nice Light Read, Dec 12 2011
Love Miss Mindy- a little disjointed, but very relatable observations! A great read for any female who appreciates smart comedy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely hilarious and a quick & easy read!, Dec 1 2014
Yvonne "Karlee" (British Columbia, CA) - See all my reviews
If you've ever watched and loved "The Mindy Project," then you will love this book. Hell, even if you haven't seen the show but you enjoy funny things, you will enjoy this book. Mindy is hilarious and has had me laughing out loud at almost every page. It reads a bit like an autobiography, but she throws in whatever she feels like adding as well. The book is organized chronologically, but she doesn't tell you every single mundane detail of her life, either. A great read which I am recommending to all of my girl friends!

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling (Hardcover - Nov. 1 2011)
Used & New from: CDN$ 29.77