5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, honest, smart, and funny some more.
Reading Mindy Kaling's book on the subway is a sure fire way to get attention. You will read. You will laugh out loud. You will get stared at.

It's easy to compare her to the likes of Tina Fey and Nora Ephron, but she is an original unto her hilarious self.

Published on Nov. 3 2011 by Rachel

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent.
I thought this book would be a lot funnier, but it unfortunately ceased to meet my expectations. Her story is still entertaining but perhaps the audience base is just a bit younger. Lastly, there were too many pictures throughout the book. Decent, quick read though.
Published 5 months ago by AR

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, honest, smart, and funny some more., Nov. 3 2011
This review is from: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) (Hardcover)

To be perfectly honest, I believe that Mindy Kaling looked deep into my soul and my brainpan and wrote this book just for me. I relate to it on so many different levels. From her thoughts on Mark Darcy, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Paul Rudd in Wet Hot American Summer (only one of the best movies ever, btw), and wanting a clear definition for 'hooking up', her essays are enjoyable, funny, smart, and hard to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't think twice, you must buy this book., Nov. 16 2014
This book is wonderful and is also the reason why I have received a shocking number disapproving looks on the subway/streetcar. I kept looking like a crazy person for laughing (to myself) out loud. Mindy Kaling, please come out with another book soon! You are pleasantly consistent in your delivery of comedy.

Sincerely,
Ashley (aka someone who never posts online reviews unless something is sinfully awful, or in this case, too good to be true)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Mindy!, Nov. 17 2014
This is a funny book. It's a book I wish I had written and I wish I could hang out with her. I've read it more than once and I'm pretty sure I'll read it many more times. I recommend it to anyone with a great sense of humour who wants a light, easy read for times like: laying in bed with too many thoughts in your head and unable to sleep, waiting in a long line at Costco, sitting in a waiting room, someone is invading your 'me time' with their inane chitchat, etc....

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely hilarious and a quick & easy read!, Dec 1 2014
Yvonne "Karlee" (British Columbia, CA) - See all my reviews
If you've ever watched and loved "The Mindy Project," then you will love this book. Hell, even if you haven't seen the show but you enjoy funny things, you will enjoy this book. Mindy is hilarious and has had me laughing out loud at almost every page. It reads a bit like an autobiography, but she throws in whatever she feels like adding as well. The book is organized chronologically, but she doesn't tell you every single mundane detail of her life, either. A great read which I am recommending to all of my girl friends!

5.0 out of 5 stars I read half books and I read all of this one!, Jan. 3 2015
H. Stone "ArtGeek" (Victoria, British Columbia) - See all my reviews
Mindy makes you feel like you finally met the best friend you never had growing up because you have lived in 17 places since childhood. Maybe we are best friends now, but she would be the kind that talks about herself constantly while you full heartedly listen intently and just wish she would ask how you are doing once in a while. This book filled a void I've had for a while, and I am now sad this is the first book I have finished since 2010, as like all my childhood friendships, it is over JUST LIKE THAT. I have always had a dream that one day I would put together my life story in a funny but sadly (and happily I guess) compilation of stories that people could relate to and someone would pick up and feel the way I feel about Mindy's book. She isn't an amazing writer of novels, but she's relatable, funny and quirky and she makes people feel like a lot less of a creep. She is also a champion for women who just want to be women, not some made up fantasy of the girl on the cover of a popular fashion magazine (I sure hope Mindy hasn't been on the cover of said magaxine or I will feel silly). Hats off to this book. Everyone is hanging out without you, but you are reading this book so who cares about them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Kaling, Pure Fun!, Aug. 9 2013
James D. Scott (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
If you like Mindy you will love learning more about her via this book. It's very much a biography with some fun info about The Office, etc. I highly recommend - if you want a "beach read" book that you can finish in one day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a celebrity book I can read, Nov. 22 2013
Prior to this book I had read several of these non-fiction, comedy books and they were just awful. No real advice, no actual facts to be taken seriously about them and just silly in an annoying way. When I picked up Mindy's book I was feeling negative and 'knew' I'd hate it. She proved me wrong. Her book is funny, she's very honest about her personality and offers sound advice I can apply to my life. I would recommend this to people who want to know more about her life or just want a sort of casual self-help/comedic book.

4.0 out of 5 stars So funny!, June 19 2013
I loved this book, Mindy does a great job of balancing insanely hilarious humour with emotional satirically recounted stories of her childhood. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tickles your funny bone! Recommended for an awesome time to yourself!, July 20 2015
When I read the reviews before purchasing the book, I thought it was going to be another novel that's going to try being funny, but I forgot, when it comes to Mindy, comic humour is naturally within her. There were times I found myself laughing in public. It reaches for your funny bone and gives it a nice tickle. I have been reading the whole book in Mindy's voice. I think it's because I recently completed the series "The Mindy project." Waiting for her other novel to be released!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, May 31 2013
I bought this book for my son as he loves Mindy Kaling. He said he loved it, He said it very funny. He wishes she would do another book.

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling (Hardcover - Nov. 1 2011)
Used & New from: CDN$ 18.12