5.0 out of 5 stars Great 80's nostalgia with a fun and intriguing story
Published on Oct. 27 2011 by Falco Amadeus

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle App Choked
The book started out very interesting then the Kindle App on my tablet would not let me read any more for some reason. This was my first e-book. You have lost me forever Kindle. I have gone back to paper books.
Published 1 month ago by Amar Varma

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 80's nostalgia with a fun and intriguing story, Oct. 27 2011
This review is from: Ready Player One (Audio CD)
Where do I start? I should first mention that I spent a lot of time in the 80's playing many of the video games mentioned in the book, as well as watching the movies and music of that era. So perhaps for me the story was more interesting as it was more relevant. I can't say for sure. I loved it though. The idea of a future where we spend most of our time hooked into a virtual world seemed plausible, and the fact that the protagonist was an atheist was also nice as I could relate to that as well. I literally couldn't put the book down. I actually listened to it while at work, which I have never done with an audio book before. I just couldn't stop listening to it. Will Whedon did an awesome job of reading it. He added just enough flair where needed and his acting skills really seemed to add something to the characters in the story. It killed my productivity for a day, but man was it worth it. So many kewl details and interesting trivia. Even if you don't like the 80's, it may still appeal to you. There are large evil corporations, and amazing battles with manga characters. Really amazing book.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun read, April 1 2014
Ryan Mcfadden (London, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ready Player One (Kindle Edition)
This was a fun book - though if it weren't for a friend's recommendation I probably never would've gotten past page 50. As fun as the last 325 pages are, the first 50 are a real slog. I don't know if you need to be a fan of the 80s to enjoy this book but it certainly helps.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle App Choked, March 5 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Feb. 27 2014
This review is from: Ready Player One (Kindle Edition)
I picked the book up while browsing through the Amazon sellers list. As each chapter went by, I found it harder and harder to put down remembering the geeky 80s. Keep on the Borderlands? From that point on I couldn't put it down.

Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book soo good, Jan. 27 2014
This book was amazing, I finished it in record time and then lent it to a friend who enjoyed it so much he never returned it. It's been a year. >_<

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, Jan. 14 2014
Really excellent novel. The way it is structured and the world that is built inside of the novel, both the 'real' world and the OASIS world inside the virtual reality game that is the main focus of the book. Characters are likeable and the image that I have painted in my head was awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this book, Dec 1 2013
This book really sparked my imagination. I have to admit you have to be part geek to truest enjoy the references in this book. I wish I could find another book like this that I can read right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've read in years, Nov. 18 2013
This review is from: Ready Player One (Kindle Edition)
I could not out this book down. I think I read it in one 7 hr marathon session. It was gripping from first page to last page. I loved the concept behind the book and all the unusual references that most of us can all remember with a bit of nostalgia. It's a completely different kind of read and I won't say more as I don't want to give too much away.

5.0 out of 5 stars incredible book, Nov. 5 2013
This review is from: Ready Player One (Kindle Edition)
fantastic book....great fun! I highly recommend it to anyone that grew up in the 80's and loved playing video games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ender's Game and Daemon combined, Oct. 2 2013
I absolutely loved this book. It was a page-turner from start to finish, with several twists thrown in along the way. It's like Ender's Game and Daemon rolled into one book.

There are also some great 80's quotes hidden in the text that kept me chuckling throughout.

Must read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb0517204)

Ready Player One
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (Hardcover - Aug. 16 2011)
CDN$ 29.95 CDN$ 18.87