countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on January 23, 2012
P.D. James has always been one of my favourite authors and her newest book is a delightful change from her regular characters. Her prologue, to review what we know of the Darcy Family, was perfect - enough to remind us of the characters but not too much to be boring. Then she carries on with an excellent who-dunnit that comes up to her past standards. I couldn't put the book down it was so good! And she kept us guessing right to the end! You won't be disappointed with this book!
on March 3, 2012
Despite having written this book when she was 87 years old, P.D.Jmes hasn't lost a stroke. She can still keep us glued to the story and maintains her highly intelligent, analytical approach. This book is Jane Austin's "Pride and Prejudice" five years later. A number of Austin's characters re-appear and, in the course of a murder and its solution, we even get a few questions answered that perplexed us in the original. To me, the most remarkable achievement of "Death Comes to Pemberley" is the precise rendering of Jane Austin's style and of the social mores of the period. You'll love it; I did.
on July 1, 2012
PD James captures Jane Austin's world and her prose perfectly. While keeping with the favorite characters the new story brings a light, fun touch.
on September 17, 2012
As a Jane Austen fan, and a P.D. James fan this was a book that I had great expectations of -- and I got everything I hoped for.
on October 16, 2012
Really good book. As P.D. James books always are. I enjoyed the characters and was surprised by the killer. I had a difficult time getting into it at first but once I did it was great.
on April 6, 2014
Now I can imagine what happened to Elizabeth and Mr.D'arcy after their wedding. haven't you? It is exciting to read.

Love reading it!
on January 4, 2013
This was a much wanted gift for a P D James fanatic. According to her this book has not been a disappointment and worth the wait.
on February 21, 2014
I've read it - I bought it for my sister for her birthday. If it comes from anything I've read from P.D. James - it's excellent.
on June 8, 2012
P.D. James is still on her game after all these years. She has made a seamless transition from Jane Austen's work to her own.
on June 30, 2015
Great sequel to Pride and Prejudice by a master detective novelist...but without Jane Austin's wry observations and wit.