5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
In 1998 I reveiwed this book by writing the following:
Published on Feb. 18 2004 by Angela Hamm

2.0 out of 5 stars On some levels insightful, but bad theological foundation
I think it's obvious there's nothing wrong with observing our world and the happenings within it and speculating what God's perspective might be. And there's nothing wrong with contemplating a piece of art, literature, music, or film and recognizing in it symbolic correspondence to transcendent truth as revealed in Scripture. And author Ken Gire does this well. If he had...
Published on March 29 2003

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Feb. 18 2004
Angela Hamm (Lewisville, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
In 1998 I reveiwed this book by writing the following:
Ken Gire is one of the most expressive writers of our day. His words paint a picture of our soul. Words that are simple, yet profound. Gire shows us how we can experience God through different avenues that intersect our daily lives. Don't be surprised by the tears that come to your eyes, they are tears from God showing you an area of your life that may need to be explored, understood or enjoyed. This is a book that you will continually want to come back to again and again.
I continue to read this book and find it as refreshing as the first time.
I disagree with the review from Hooterville. Ken Gire is very sound theologically and his work reflects this. Ken encourages us to look for new ways in which we can discover God. There is nothing mystical about discovering new ways for one to grow in their love for God and in their love for people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feed your Soul; Fill your Spirit, March 8 2003
"montci" (Diamond Bar, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Windows Of The Soul (Hardcover)
I purchased this book off the shelf as its artistic references in the description attracted me to it. I soon discovered the value of Mr. Gire's wisdom, compassion, and his own personal knowledge of an intimate relationship with God that evolved through his own personal experiences. This book came at a time in my own life when, a few months earlier, I had suffered a sudden tragedy that resulted in the death of my husband of 11 years. This book, and its quiet reflective nature, brought me peace during many sleepless nights. I found the thoughtful wisdom inspiring, and appreciated his knowledge of literature and history. I have purchased several of his books since, and have been blessed by each one.

5.0 out of 5 stars sherylval@aol.com, Jan. 20 2000
Sheryl Valentine "www.SherylValentine.com" (So. Pasadena, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Windows Of The Soul (Hardcover)
I loved this book and promptly ordered all his other ones. Whether you are atheist, agnostic, spirtual, etc. this book will open a window to your soul. I am a Chiropractor, a writer and lecturer on spiritual principles and read over 120 books a year - I think Ken Gire is one of the best writers I have ever read. This morning I began his book The Reflective Life - as I tore myself away from it to get ready for work - I reflected again on what a great writer he is. In Windows of the Soul he talks about his "dark night of the soul" so to speak, in regard to his passion for writing - thank God he stuck with it for spiritual writing is truely his calling - His writing is profound, humble, simple and stirs the heart. Read this book - you won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book! Compassionate pictures from a loving God, Dec 9 1997
Thomas Butler "Gordon Butler" (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Windows Of The Soul (Hardcover)
This is the best book I have read on communication with God in years. The author writes compassionately and openly about our relationship with God and how he can communicate with us through the arts, nature, etc. Compassion for others should be an outproduct for the reader after finishing this book. Looking at a Van Gogh painting, watching the movie "To Kill A Mockingbird", listening to a song from "Camelot", all these can be entry ways for us to see the Lord. I have already given copies of this book to fifteen friends. Their reaction has been the same, the applause continues for "Windows of the Soul".

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable reading!, Feb. 7 2000
This review is from: Windows Of The Soul (Hardcover)
Christ came to give us life, not religion, and Ken Gire expounds on this concept. He offers reflective "windows" in his own life that he has observed and encourages us to look for our own. Since we all don't share an audible Moses experience, learning to hear, see, and experience God comes in all shapes, sizes and colors of our lives. Gire points to these practical areas, such as art, movies, stories and more. Learning to reflect and ask questions helps us to see God and experience Him in new ways. This book was a treat that spoke to my soul. I hope Gire follows it up with another!

5.0 out of 5 stars challenging and inspiring, June 2 1999
This review is from: Windows Of The Soul (Hardcover)
Windows of the Soul is a challenging book on the little things our God uses to show us His will and way. Ken uses great imagery and illustration to keep the reader involved through every page. As one reads this book, he sees an entirely new perspective emerge from his imagination, and is challenged to look at life in a complegely new way. Ken unfolds a world of wonder right before the reader's eyes, and tells how the reader can make that world remain just by looking at the "Windows of the Soul" that God brings into our lives. This book is definitely one of the top 5 I have ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that will grab your heart from the very beginning., June 30 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars Poetic realism, Nov. 26 1999
This review is from: Windows Of The Soul (Hardcover)
Ken Gire in this book writes from his heart. There is a certain reality that comes alive in the stories, experiences and symbols that he presents through the words, something that if you read, think and visualise, would stir something deep and challenge one to reach beyond self into the very heart of the One who made us. Read this book in a reflective and forward-looking manner and it is likely to change your perspective and notion of how one typically relates to God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and thoughtful, Jan. 11 2003
This review is from: Windows Of The Soul (Hardcover)
I recently read Windows to the Soul and found it a refreshing read. There are seldom times in life where you actually check up from the daily grind and hear God speaking. Mr. Gire writes in a refreshing manner that recalls to mind memories of your own while conveying the simple truth that God speaks to us through many ways. I would recommed this book to anyone who struggles with understanding their purpose in life and hearing God speak.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can you say, 'Everywhere I go I see You'?, June 3 1999
This review is from: Windows Of The Soul (Hardcover)
Ken Gire challenges us all to slow down the busy-ness of our hearts and stop and look when God gives us a window. With beauty and grace, Ken shows us the moments God has given him. Moments when God gives a glance of the spiritual side of life. Buy this book. It's a must read and a must read again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Windows Of The Soul
Windows Of The Soul by Ken Gire (Hardcover - March 21 1996)
CDN$ 19.49 CDN$ 14.07