5.0 out of 5 stars More than just a book!, July 5 2002
The author gives just enough detail to imagine it all. Her descriptive words leave you with strong feelings of sadness for what happend to her. This is a great gift for just about any occassion. I would recommend it to my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book about forgiveness, Oct. 27 2001
By A Customer
My sister gave me this book, and I found it to be one of the best books on a person personal journey from being victimized to forgiving the victimizer. It portrayed what Biblical forgiveness really means-it isn't saying what the victimizer did was okay, or that you have to be best friends with him, it simply means that you no longer hold anger in your heart, and will not let what happen to you grow to bitterness. Her journey wasn't easy, but her words were very genuine. I think this book is a great lesson in forgiveness to anyone, but I think any woman or man who has been the victim of a brutal crime should read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Powerful Story of Forgiveness, Oct. 3 2001
By A Customer
I can't say enough good things about Debbie Morris and her act
of forgiveness toward Willie. This is a powerful story about
a surviving victim, who had the courage not only to move forward but to resolve all the ill feelings she had harboured for so
long against her assilant. My heart ached and I cried for this
senseless crime against Debbie. Another wonderful book about a victim who was able to turn triumph into tragedy is A Reason To
Live by Dale Hudson and Billy Hills. Both of these books place
the emphasis on the surviving victims, and not on the killers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Janice J Tucker, Feb. 24 2001
Janice Tucker, author (Rock Hill, South Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
This book is beyond outstanding! One of the best books on victimology that I have ever read! Best bring out the hankies when you read Debbie Morris' account of her tragic encounter with the dead man walking. My heart ached for her as she related her story of what it took in her life to be able to forgive Robert Willie and come to some understanding with her own fears and hate. I won't spoil it for the reader, but suffice it to say it is more than a 5 Star Performance! My prayers are with you,Debbie. You deserve a wonderful life!

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Writing, Powerful Message, Nov. 15 2000
Rob C. (United States) - See all my reviews
This book is a must read for victims of violent crimes and their families. It is delivered in a very caring, warm way that endears the reader and prepares them for the horrors of the author's ordeal.
Though it is my opinion a good deal of the narrative was glossed over for the audience the book has been markets to, it is accurate and the message is more important than the prose.
This is not a book about the debate over capital punishment nor is it a treatise on religion, it's a testament to courage, faith and healing on a par by itself.

Forgiving the Dead Man Walking
Forgiving the Dead Man Walking by Gregg Lewis (Hardcover - Aug. 27 1998)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01