5.0 out of 5 stars boundries in marriage workbook, March 24 2013
This review is from: Boundaries With Kids: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Children (Paperback)
I was not familiar with the book and ordered it without realizing it was a workbook. It is useless to me without the book itself so cannot review the work book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boundaries with Kids, May 17 2012
The Boundries Book series has saved my sanity many times over. Over the years, I have bought many of their books as gifts for friends who are in a rough spot and it has helped quite a lot of them stay sane and get a different perspective. Even if you are not a Christian, there is a lot of hands on help in these pages.

A big thank you to the authors.

5.0 out of 5 stars All I can say is WOW..., Sept. 15 1998
By A Customer
I'm able to find something I heartily disagree with in every childcare or child discipline book I read. Even in my favorites. But I thought my head was going to fall off I nodded so hard while reading this book. I used to hedge daily on discipline worrying I was "hurting" my kids too much when I had to enforce loss of privileges. This book made me see that all consequences are painful...they are supposed to be. But painful and harmful are not the same thing. Just because my child is temporarily unhappy, that doesn't mean she is permanently scarred. All growth is painful. The flip side to the advice is you should balance your enforcement of consequences with empathy, affection, and support. You are neither your child's enemy nor his friend. You are his parent.
I was able to immediately put the good advice to use right away and my family is so much more peaceful! Boundaries really are good for building character, increasing empathy, and as converse as it may sound, strengthening the relationship between you and your children. The authors are both psychotherapists and devout Christians. I thought the Christian bent might annoy me but the scriptures quoted were used sparingly and only enhanced the eloquence and relevance of the text.
I wholeheartedly recommend this book to friends and relatives, Christian and secular. Buy this book and you will walk around thinking "I know which boundaries HIS/HER parents didn't enforce as a child." What an enlightening book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, but should be read along with ......, Nov. 5 2004
Limits, boundaries, and consequences are essential for healthy parenting. Unfortunately, establishing and enforcing these is no easy task (at least for me). "Boundaries with Kids" is an excellent resource and provides a great overview. It helped me a lot. My only complaint is that I completed this book wanting more information. I think establishing and enforcing limits, boundaries, and consequences in an effective manner is tied into so many other aspects of our personal psychology and family histories. After reading "Boundaries with Kids" I read "Systemic Parenting: An Exploration of the Parenting Big Picture" (Gaskill). This book provided me with the detail and background that really brought the subject alive for me. Believe me, these books really compliment each other.

4.0 out of 5 stars Boundaries, Nov. 23 2010
Very good book talks about how to set the right boundaries for your kids with you and with others and teaches both of you when to say yes and when to say no and also how to accept others nos. It is a must read, because most of us just raise our kids the way we rose, which istn't always the right way :)... Good luck with your kids and really if you are having issues with your young ones this book would help you at least not to feel guilty when saying no in order to dicipline them... I love it... thanks to Mr. Cloud...

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for any parent, April 12 2004
"bcturtle" (Boulder city, NV United States) - See all my reviews
I read Boundaries first and someone gave me Boundaries with Kids. Just like the 1st Boundaries book it changed my life. I have a 5 year old and it helped me in so many area's. I give Boundaries and Boundaries with Kids to my friends and they just can't believe what they are reading. A MUST read!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Revolutionized my parenting!, March 15 2004
I bought 8 books on discipline and parenting, and by chance, I read this one first. I may never finish the rest!
The authors are psychologists AND parents, so their advice is personal and professional. Through their words, I realized there is much that I need to work on so that I can discipline with integrity and love. The authors use real life examples and suggest similar scenarios for flegling parents like myself.
Boundaries with Kids is a must-read for all parents who are hoping to mold their child's character, not just punish misbehaviors.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed our lives!, March 11 2004
D. DeRosa "debidr" (Melbourne, FL United States) - See all my reviews
At age 13, nothing had worked. My son was stubborn, uncooperative, lying & lazy - at best. My fiancee threw up his hands in disgust & told me I was on my own with this problem. Reading this book and implementing its contents as I went along, has made all the difference in the world! Seeing all I had done wrong in the past (to help create this monster), and having guidelines to follow to correct the set bad patterns - priceless! The book is written clearly & matter-of-factly. It shows where I contributed to my son's poor behavior. It shows compassion for how difficult it is to change our patterns. This book is worth every penny - worth every moment. I now have a cooperative, responsible, cheerful, loving son! & he has a mom who is firm, loving, and VERY happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book On How To Deal With Kids, Jan. 12 2004
DV (United States) - See all my reviews
This book is great with young kids. I have a toddler and an infant and tried some of the suggestions in the book and it has helped me better deal with my daughter. I can't say how it would work on teenagers, but I have found Cloud's/Townsend's books on marriage, mom's, and boundaries in general to be very good.
If you have children, this book along with the Boundaries book are excellent books to assist in raising children with healthy self-esteems. These books help you set appropriate boundaries in your relationships, which empowers rather than enables. I love the examples they give about the various types of boundaries we need to have. It reinforces what they are talking about.
Their suggestions are very practical and realistic.

5.0 out of 5 stars The instruction book that should have come with our kids!, Feb. 18 2002
By A Customer
I never experienced boudaries in my home growing up so this book has been an eye-opener for me. I have been looking for a book to change the dysfunction my family has passed down for generations. This book is exactly what I have been looking for in regards to practical suggestions that are based on love, the Bible, and raising a happy, emotionally healthy child. I highly recommend!

ARRAY(0xaa8ac8c4)

Boundaries With Kids: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Children
Boundaries With Kids: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Children by Henry Cloud (Paperback - Oct. 25 2001)
CDN$ 18.25 CDN$ 13.18