5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put this down, Jan. 3 2004
This review is from: One Tuesday Morning (Paperback)
This book was such a therapeutic read. I cried and then cried a little more as I read the details surrounding this fictional representation centered on the events of 9-11. My heart grieved intensely for the families that experienced the loss so vividly described in this book. Not only is it impossible not to love the characters in the book, you will find yourself rooting for them and eager to find out what happens to all involved. This is a story of love and hope in the face of immense tragedy. If you pick this book up, be prepared to be immersed in it... Be prepared to cry, because it will leave you emotionally raw. I would recommend this book to anyone as an amazing read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A heartfelt remembrance of 9/11, July 13 2004
This review is from: One Tuesday Morning (Paperback)
Having been to the world trade centers and seen the hundreds that flocked to and from it, I was particularly drawn to this story.
The news media failed in comparison to Kingsbury's account of the tribulation that faces two families caught in the middle of the 9/11 tragedy.
I cried from the beginning to the end, but never once regretted the decision to pick up the book. Kingsbury doesn't only give you a look inside
what occured in the building on that fateful morning, but into the lives of a handful of individuals as well.
What an amazing journey both emotionally and spiritually for every person involved. Don't miss this one....

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read That Will Captivate You, June 11 2004
J. Cross (TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Tuesday Morning (Paperback)
This is the first book I've read by the author, and I will read anything else by her I can find. Kingsbury weaves a story that deals with love and commitment, using the September 11 tragedy as a background. You will understand the power of faith and love even more after reading this book, and how really good things can come out of the worst situations. You will have trouble putting it down once you get into it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Emotional, Heart-Searching Thriller, Dec 10 2003
This review is from: One Tuesday Morning (Paperback)
I have never read anything by Karen Kingsbury, but recommended this book. I was a bit skeptical because of the 9/11 tie-in. I thought it would be another round of smaltz and commercialism profiting on a tragedy.
I couldn't have been more wrong. One Tuesday Morning really moved me emotionally and spiritually. This plotline was not only realistic, it brought me cascading back to that fateful day more than two years ago.
This story delicately and carefully weaves the interesection of tragedy and faith and walks the reader closely through the inner struggles of God's children and the journey of those the Holy Spirit is anxiously trying to woo.
And it should motivate men to be more like Jake and abandon their tendencies to be like Eric. And what better way for God to show Eric his sin than for him to walk in another man's shoes?
One Tuesday Morning handles the tragedy of 9/11 with grace and courage and delivers a moving portrait of a story that could have been and a plot line that really is.
You'll be challenged spiritually and emotionally by this poignant look at a national tragedy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well researched book, Sept. 4 2003
This review is from: One Tuesday Morning (Paperback)
It is very clear that the 9-11 tragedy was well researched. Kingsbury went into great detail about what happened and how the country was affected by the World Trade Center Bombing.
She wrote about how lives were affected by the tragedy, through Laura and Jamie, and Eric. Jamie loses her husband in the tragedy, but a look-alike of her husband ends up living with her. He has amnesia. Through him, who walks somewhat in her husband's shoes, she comes to know Christ.
The only thing that I didn't like about the book was that Jamie wasn't able to figure out that the man who wasn't living with her was not her husband. That seemed a little unrealistic. You are so much in love with someone and you know them intimately, so I would think that she could have figured it out a little sooner. But the book explained that she was probably too close to the situation to see it objectively.
All in all, this was a real page turner. Karen Kingsbury most certainly did not fail to deliver, as always.

4.0 out of 5 stars Help through Grief..., July 24 2003
M. Parcel (Kelso, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Tuesday Morning (Paperback)
Jake Bryan is a firefighter with the FDNY, the only thing he has ever wanted to do. His Christian faith gives him the strength to get through each day, both on the job and at home. His wife Jamie has run from God most of her life. After a tragic childhood, she doesn't believe God would want anything to do with her or her failures. She worries constantly about Jake and his safety. The two have a daughter, Sierra, who is the light of their lives. Jake has been praying for God to make a statement in Jamie's life to bring her to know Him.
Eric Michaels is a businessman striving for success at any cost. And his greatest cost is his family. He has slowly shut out his wife and young son. His wife is at the end of her rope. When Eric returns from his business trip to New York, she is not sure whether she can continue marriage with him or not.
These men meet in the stairwell of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. The tower collapses and only one survives, burned and suffering from amnesia. Jake's supervisor recognizes the man as Jake, but is it really him? Jamie works with him to re-gain his lost memory, and in the process learns about God and her husband through his Bible and journals. Which man survived the disaster? Can God redeem even those who seem completely lost?
I was touched by this fictionalized account of the calamity that affects us all. Ms. Kingsbury states that it was her way of working through the grief, and I am glad she wrote this book. The characters are very true to life, seeking God's will as well as running from it. Eric and Jamie go through tremendous transformation as God becomes real to both of them. It would be difficult to finish this novel and remain closed about God's hand in our lives.
I highly recommend ONE TUESDAY MORNING. It isn't a book that can be read all in one sitting. It takes time to experience, especially the scenes that take place on September 11. I felt as if I was right there with the characters in the book. For an emotional, yet uplifting look at God's everlasting love and mercy in our lives, ONE TUESDAY MORNING is not to be missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked on Kingsbury, June 12 2003
Loyda Burk (Clinton, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Tuesday Morning (Paperback)
This is the 4th book I've read by Karen Kingsbury, and so far she hasn't disappointed me. Her characters are believeable, and you can see their emotions as the author describes them. I've been moved to tears more than once while reading her novels. She makes you fall in love with her characters, then has an event take place where you just have to know what happens next - thus captivating you with the storyline. I like her novels because they touch upon subjects that many people struggle with in everyday life- and overcome through their faith in Christ.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Tuesday Morning, Oct. 2 2003
This review is from: One Tuesday Morning (Paperback)
This book was terrific. It grabed my attention from the start and was hard to put down. This is the kind of book that you want to turn to the back and see how things end. I was tempted several times to do that. I really enjoyed this book. It was handled very sentisively and this was very beleivable that it could have really happened.
This is the frist book i have read by Karen Kinsbury, but i look forward to reading more of her work.
I loved this book and have passed it on to my friends here at the office.
Thanks Karen for a wonderful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Tuesday Morning, Aug. 30 2003
This review is from: One Tuesday Morning (Paperback)
Made me finally grieve with tears for what those many families must have suffered. God's everlasting love and mercy in our lives is surely shown in this book. It strengthens us and helps us to know what we have to look forward to in eternity if we have and keep our faith in God and His Son, Jesus Christ.
It is the first Karen Kingsbury book that I have read and I am sure that it will not be the last. It was a book that was hard to set down and do the things I had to do.
Karen--keep up the great job. You have a real gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soul-Stirring, May 12 2003
This review is from: One Tuesday Morning (Paperback)
Actually, I would give it 10 stars!!!! This is the first Kingsbury book I've read. Couldn't put it down. Smiled, laughed, cried a lot. Very believable characters. Very touching scenes. Her descriptions of the persons involved in this story make you wonder if this is not fiction, but real. I fell in love with the characters. I was convicted in my spirit when the characters rededicated their lives to God.

One Tuesday Morning
One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury (Paperback - May 8 2003)
CDN$ 18.25 CDN$ 13.18