5.0 out of 5 stars To enjoy the wonderful words of God!!!
I rec'd this and started listening to it in my car and it is so wonderful!!! I can't express what an insight this is to my reading of the bible. I heard things that I know I read but this audio version makes it more ALIVE!!!
Published on July 15 2004 by bartman14

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't like it.
Would be great if it didn't have the background music. For me it's like when you read something and realize you don't know what you just read. When I listened to these CDs most of the time all I could hear was that flute. Did they think the Bible needed help?
Published on Jan. 26 2003 by Randall Scott

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars To enjoy the wonderful words of God!!!, July 15 2004
"bartman14" (Gordon, GA United States) - See all my reviews
I am truly excited to be able to hear this in all of its wonderful aspects, music, voices...it's like i'm there! This is how God's wonderful word should be - Alive and vital!

5.0 out of 5 stars A super value, Jan. 16 2002
By A Customer
Don't be confused -- this is the entire Bible, Old and New Testaments, so don't buy the New Testament separately. There are 64 CDs. They are housed in a zippered case for convenient carrying. The zippered case fits into a slip case which is hole-punched so you can put the whole thing into a three-ring binder if you want. All in all, a very high-quality product and an excellent value. The quality of the CDs themselves is excellent. The dramatization is very unobtrusive -- subtle background music or sounds of nature, couple with different voices whenever someone speaks (God, Eve, Noah, whatever). The narration and other voices are not the least bit hokey and don't detract from the majesty of the material. There is also an introduction to each book to put it into context. Lastly, each chapter is a separate track on the CD, so you can easily find a particular chapter or repeat one. I've owned a couple of cassette versions of the Bible, including the King James version by Alexander Scourby, and this is FAR superior. You can't go wrong with this.

4.0 out of 5 stars four stars because..., Jan. 23 2014
This review is from: NIV Bible Dramatized (Audio CD)
I bought this for my folks who are in their early 70's. The only reason I didn't give this a 5 star is because some narrators are quieter than others and for older adults, tones need to be considered in narrators voices. Some narrators tones may be more difficult to hear than others. My folks said if you are sitting quietly listening without distractions then it is easy to hear all the voices. They liked sitting and following along in their NIV Bible and found that quiet easy.They have read the Bible for years but are finding new meaning and understanding with this delivery of the Word. There is no stumbling over difficult to pronounce words and names and the speed they are progressing helps to get better overall contextual understanding of the Bible as a whole. They noticed the narrations have occasional variances from their NIV Bibles, but they are still able to follow along easily in their Bibles.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Big Blessing, April 9 2010
D. Risk (Medicine Hat, AB Canada) - See all my reviews
We are so pleased with this product! For me I can read along in my bible as the narration brings the words to life. My spouse has a visual disability and for her it is an awesome blessing. If you are looking to purchase this 6 CD / Mp3 package I would highly recommend you do. You will enjoy the voice dramatization / orchestrated background as the NIV bible is read to you. Enjoy your journey through it as we are doing.

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't like it., Jan. 26 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent production, Feb. 29 2004
By A Customer
I have just one thing to add to existing reviews. The Jesus character breathes in fast and heavy immediately before speaking (not normal inhaling). I suppose it's his technique to extend talking time. I find it distracting. I wish their audio engineer removed it during production. No other major complaint.
Overall, good quality and excellent price. I compressed 64 CD's into 6 MP3 CD's and play them in my car during commuting.

4.0 out of 5 stars pleasantly suprised, June 11 2009
i've enjoyed listening to this version - liked the background music as its not just plain talking. Others may find the background music annoying but depends on what you like. I prefer some music than just straight talking (which I can tune out to)

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Bargain, June 20 2004
It has a handy bag which contains all of the 64 audio CDs. The black bag protects the CDs very well. You can take it with you around easily. Besides, the music is relaxing. The narrators do a good job. To sum up, NIV Audio Bible Dramatized CD is useful and convenient.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, June 8 2004
pdrbanks (Salisbury, MD United States) - See all my reviews
I am satisfied w/ this product. It was what I was expecting.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, JUST AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, May 18 2004
J. Martin (Fairmont, WV) - See all my reviews
I'm so THRILLED to tell everyone about this INCREDIBLE audio dramatized Bible. I always had a hard time reading the Bible, it was hard for me to follow and I would find myself thinking about other things...and that's not good. This is WELL WORTH the money, make sure to BUY THIS, you won't be sorry AT ALL!!!!! GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Niv  Aud   Bible Dramatized Cassette
Niv Aud Bible Dramatized Cassette by Zondervan (Audio Cassette - Jan. 1 2002)
CDN$ 119.99