5.0 out of 5 stars A must for Christian growth!
Published on Nov. 9 1998

1.0 out of 5 stars Is this Study Bible right for you?
-------------------------------------------
Is this Study Bible right for you?
-------------------------------------------
Choosing a Bible is very personal and often emotional decision. There are so many different Study Bibles because each takes a different approach.
Published on May 17 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for Christian growth!, Nov. 9 1998
By A Customer
I was a KJV advocate before I got the NIV Life Application Bible, and now I can finally understand what the Bible means. Not only is the NIV text beautiful and understandable, but the Life Application notes are a must for Christian growth, in that they not only explain the text of the Bible, but they tell you how to apply the Bible to your life. This is a Bible worthy of reading for all times. Thank you!

1.0 out of 5 stars Is this Study Bible right for you?, May 17 2004
-------------------------------------------
Is this Study Bible right for you?
-------------------------------------------
The Life Application Study Bible has earned a wide following with its excellent charts, diagrams, and tables.
Other Study Bibles such as the NIV Study Bible attempt to be as factual as possible in their commentary. Its study notes try to explain references and historical context. They do not attempt to apply God's message to your life. They try to provide facts to help you build your own personal relationship with God.
The LA Study Bible's dust jacket claims something very different from the rest:
"...Its notes not only explain difficult passages and give background information about bible life and times, but they go a step further - they also show how God's Word speaks to every situation and circumstance of your life..."
If you want to consider a variety of opinions, you might consider doing an Amazon search in Books for "William Barclay." His books often present a number of opinions, often from opposing points of view. The LA Study Bible viewpoint is sometimes one of the most extreme.
If you want to be told one perspective to apply to your life, the LA Bible may be perfect for you.
If you want to find your own personal relationship with God, you might want a more objective and informational commentary such as the NIV Study Bible or other Study Bibles.
The NIV Study Bible might also be one to consider if you want a basic Subject Index or Concordance included. The NIV is also available in a rugged hardcover version like a college textbook or a less expensive paperback version. The LA Bible's dust jacket may not hold up as well to wear and tear. Also the NIV Study Bible has twice as many study notes and footnotes.
You might also consider a hardbound version for durabillity.
Whatever you decide, the most important thing is to read any Bible!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Decision I Ever Made!, March 22 2004
I have always used the King James Version of the Bible and have always had difficulty in understanding it. It never occured to me that there may be another bible out there that I could understand without having to re-read everything over and over.
I found the NIV Life Application Study Bible and while in the Bible bookstore, I held it next to the King James Version to compare. I was astonished at the difference, yet they were the same in meaning. I Quickly paid the lady at the register and went home to check out this Bible.
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE, I REALLY ENJOY READING THE BIBLE!
This version is so easy to understand, I have bought my father one, reccommended it to everyone I have the chance and I am about to buy one for my son and a good friend of mine. Don't do like I did and avoid reading your bible for years because it was too difficult or challenging. Do youself a favor and check this Bible out. You will be glad you did. You wont want to stop reading it.
I also recommend adding the Zondervan Exhaustive Concordance and the Zondervan Naves topical Bible to your study collection if you are serious about studying the bible to the fullest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Valuable assistance in understanding Scripture, March 16 2004
S. Pritchard - See all my reviews
This study bible contains a wealth of resources to assist in understanding scripture. The study notes explain, in detail, the context and possible interpretations of the verses. They also provide discussions on how each verse relates to other parts of the Bible (particularly linking Old Testament prophecies to New Testament events). In many study bibles, these links would be limited to no more than a book, chapter, and verse number and the discussion would be omitted.
The study notes also identify and discuss areas of the Bible that may be troubling to readers such as the discrepancy between the Gospel of John and the Gospel of Matthew as to whether Jesus visited Bethany before or after Palm Sunday. These discussions have added significantly to my understanding.
An additional resource is that throughout the text, footnotes are used to identify other areas of Scripture that use similar wording or address the same topic. This has lead to a richer reading experience for me.
Some reviewers have commented on difficulty in reading the text. While I have noticed that the pages are a bit thin and I can see shadows of the text from other pages, this did not hinder my reading. I was worried that it would lead to eye strain. I should note that I am in my early 30s. This may be more of a problem for older readers.
I am extremely happy with this study bible. I recommend it highly. It will be a valuable addition to your library.

5.0 out of 5 stars NOTES BRING OUT MEANING, April 15 2004
W. D. Welch "Reader" (Wesley Chapel, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This is the first time I have been really excited about bible study because now I have great study notes in the NIV Life Applications edition. The notes are easy to understand and bring the text to life in a way I did not know was possible. Now that I'm 70 I hope I live long enough to really study the bible with the help of these notes. I think it would be a great gift for anyone from high school and above. My wife and I liked the one I got for myself so much that I got her one of her own. We are both delighted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bible!, June 25 2000
The Life Application Bible is an excellent Bible. Very good to use when doing Bible studies. I enjoy the NIV Bible translation. It has a very good concordance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thankful for the error!, Sept. 11 2000
Pen Name "ken5555" (San Jose, California USA) - See all my reviews
I had originally ordered a different bible. This one was sent by "mistake". I think God knew I needed this one. I looked it over and quickly decided that rather than return it I would gladly pay for it. I contacted Amazon and they were very nice about straightening out the billing. I love this bible and recommend it it highly for new believers. Especially if you're like me and have difficulty with the KJV. I also appreciate the notes on alternate text references and alternate wording.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a great source of spiritual guidance., May 19 1997
By A Customer
I found this version of the bible to be as true to the original scriptures as possible. It uses current events and people to describe in a clearer way what certain passages of the bible are trying to relay. It also challenges you to actually think out your own opinion on what a passage means, and it helps you to apply this knowledge to your life.

I found this version of the bible to be very easy to read, true to the original scripture, and all around a good source of knowledge on God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Helpful Bible I've Read!, March 31 2000
Mrs. Cindy Hane (Limerick, Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
I have several Bibles, all with different helps. This is my favorite, with commentaries that apply to life today. The Life Application Bible is the most popular at the Bible Study Group I attend, because it often has the answers to the questions we ask. It is wonderful for newer Christians, but is just as important for those farther along in their Faith Walk. I highly recommend this Bible for anyone, and have purchased one for myself, as well as many as gifts. READ IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible insightfulness with crystal clarity., Jan. 16 1999
By A Customer
This life application NIV will help the reader to better understand the text without a doubt! I have been well read in the King James and the NKJ, yet certain scripture's meanings were elusive or I felt I could interpret it in many ways. The life application's comments help me so much in that I now can better understand and therefore better apply scripture to my life. That was my purpose, to better apply the bible and this version has definately helped me.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Niv Life Appl Study Lrg Prnt Blk Bnd Lthr
Niv Life Appl Study Lrg Prnt Blk Bnd Lthr by Zondervan (Leather Bound - Nov. 1 2001)
CDN$ 87.99 CDN$ 70.39