5.0 out of 5 stars How to play keyboards
This is an amazing book for your loved ones...especially for a growing musican. It gives the basic methods of how to play a keyboard without much confusion or fustration. This book also inspires to play music and write the notes in our own way. I would recomend this book to anyone who is seeking to know how to play a keyboard.
Published on Dec 19 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard Yes, Piano?
Published on Dec 9 1999 by Antonio Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars How to play keyboards, Dec 19 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: How to Play Keyboards: Everything You Need to Know to Play Keyboards (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish Roger Evans taught everything, Oct. 3 2001
This author has such a nice style in his writing. Every sentence puts you at ease and doesn't push to hard. This gives the feeling of patience as a teacher. You know, you only have to learn music once then you've got it so why pressure yourself. Evans' style is the kind I like. The book is small and simple but powerful in it's content. Great for keyboards, GREAT! I can't imagine anyone with a keyboard not getting something out of this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, or maybe I'm not good enough, Sept. 22 2000
By A Customer
"How To" books always get my hopes up, and I did hope to find a nice, solid path to playing the piano. Not concert level, just enough to get by. While I think the explanations are good, and it moves sequentially, I have to agree with my husband that despite following instructions, I didn't fill the house with joyous noise. Just noise. So I intend toget out there, just bite the bullett and find a teacher, and let him or her actually show me how, listen to me, and tell me when I've finally "got it." Maybe that's the thing missing that only a teacher can do--that a book just cant: listen to you and keep what's good and fix what's wrong. Well written, typical for Evans. But maybe more than a book alone can hope to accomplish. Will let you know after I find a teacher. Now, what's the best way to find a teacher???

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Evans must be an outstanding teacher and writer!, Feb. 23 2000
travel lover (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I was simply excited to read and play music using this book. I am an orthodox reader of any subject. I look for fundamentals as well as practice. The best feature of this book is that it covers both. You will learn playing the key board from the musical notations on staves. This is from your very first song itself! Lessons are simple (not verbose) and easy to directly play music. You need not have any prior knowledge of music (like me). I suggest this book for all those who are enthusiastic to make a jump start with keyboards and keep going to intermediate levels.

3.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard Yes, Piano?, Dec 9 1999
One reviewer seem to think the book is useful to both piano and keyboard players, "playing piano or the keyboard isn't all fun and easy. But this book is a good place to start". I found to many pieces in the book are for instruments found only on keyboards. I also had a hard time keeping "Mary had a little lamb" out of my head when I was practising "Merrily" the first assignment in the book. However, I liked the books' philosophy on learning to play an instrument, and also how its' treatment of music notation. I found the notation in this book fill in gaps left out in many other books. I'm not a keyboard player so I don't how this book will be for them. I know that, as beginner piano player that this book will not fit my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, July 20 1999
By A Customer
This book is practical. Instead of struggling with chords, it asks you to use the one-finger chords which are available in any modern keyboard. The approach is very straight forward. But all said and done, playing piano or the keyboard isn't all fun and easy. But this book is a good place to start practising. (which is the real thing)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book for the very beginner., July 8 1999
By A Customer
I would recommend this book to anyone who is just getting started with a keyboard, like myself. I was playing songs with cords and using both hands right from the start. I must add that, you can't be more of a beginner than me. Thank You Roger Evans and Amazon.com.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for starters, Sept. 24 1998
By A Customer
This is a great book for starters. It does not assume you know anything (!) and helps you learn to play from absolute scratch. I would recommend it to young and old, to whoever wants to learn the basics of playing the keyboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to play Keyboards is a great Book!, July 23 1998
By A Customer
This Book starts out great in the beginning taking you step by step and adding on courds and notes as you go along and master everything. Keyboarding looks easy, but it's not! I suggest you buy this book if you want to learn keyboarding in a easy but challenging way! :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book to Learn to Play a Keboard, July 13 1998
By A Customer
This book "How to play keboards" is great. I have been succeeding in my Keboarding alot with this book. I reccomend this book to anyone who wants to learn to play the KeyBoard.It is a Fun and Fast way to learn to play Keyboard.

ARRAY(0xbcfe9590)