biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on December 3, 2015
Good book
on September 21, 2015
Honestly, Roger Sets up this course in a way that makes it FUN To Practice. And the Book is NOT That Thick :) =) =D
on December 19, 2001
This is an amazing book for your loved ones...especially for a growing musican. It gives the basic methods of how to play a keyboard without much confusion or fustration. This book also inspires to play music and write the notes in our own way. I would recomend this book to anyone who is seeking to know how to play a keyboard.
on October 3, 2001
This author has such a nice style in his writing. Every sentence puts you at ease and doesn't push to hard. This gives the feeling of patience as a teacher. You know, you only have to learn music once then you've got it so why pressure yourself. Evans' style is the kind I like. The book is small and simple but powerful in it's content. Great for keyboards, GREAT! I can't imagine anyone with a keyboard not getting something out of this book.
on September 21, 2000
"How To" books always get my hopes up, and I did hope to find a nice, solid path to playing the piano. Not concert level, just enough to get by. While I think the explanations are good, and it moves sequentially, I have to agree with my husband that despite following instructions, I didn't fill the house with joyous noise. Just noise. So I intend toget out there, just bite the bullett and find a teacher, and let him or her actually show me how, listen to me, and tell me when I've finally "got it." Maybe that's the thing missing that only a teacher can do--that a book just cant: listen to you and keep what's good and fix what's wrong. Well written, typical for Evans. But maybe more than a book alone can hope to accomplish. Will let you know after I find a teacher. Now, what's the best way to find a teacher???
on February 23, 2000
I was simply excited to read and play music using this book. I am an orthodox reader of any subject. I look for fundamentals as well as practice. The best feature of this book is that it covers both. You will learn playing the key board from the musical notations on staves. This is from your very first song itself! Lessons are simple (not verbose) and easy to directly play music. You need not have any prior knowledge of music (like me). I suggest this book for all those who are enthusiastic to make a jump start with keyboards and keep going to intermediate levels.
on December 9, 1999
One reviewer seem to think the book is useful to both piano and keyboard players, "playing piano or the keyboard isn't all fun and easy. But this book is a good place to start". I found to many pieces in the book are for instruments found only on keyboards. I also had a hard time keeping "Mary had a little lamb" out of my head when I was practising "Merrily" the first assignment in the book. However, I liked the books' philosophy on learning to play an instrument, and also how its' treatment of music notation. I found the notation in this book fill in gaps left out in many other books. I'm not a keyboard player so I don't how this book will be for them. I know that, as beginner piano player that this book will not fit my needs.
on July 20, 1999
This book is practical. Instead of struggling with chords, it asks you to use the one-finger chords which are available in any modern keyboard. The approach is very straight forward. But all said and done, playing piano or the keyboard isn't all fun and easy. But this book is a good place to start practising. (which is the real thing)
on July 7, 1999
I would recommend this book to anyone who is just getting started with a keyboard, like myself. I was playing songs with cords and using both hands right from the start. I must add that, you can't be more of a beginner than me. Thank You Roger Evans and Amazon.com.
on September 24, 1998
This is a great book for starters. It does not assume you know anything (!) and helps you learn to play from absolute scratch. I would recommend it to young and old, to whoever wants to learn the basics of playing the keyboard.