5.0 out of 5 stars The Path from Worshipping to BEING an Enlightened One
The wisdom of Osho contained in this illuminating book and card set transcends the ego's need to look for outer validation, to worship others, and instead will bring you the wisdom to become and integrate the wisdom and enlightenment that the Enlightened or "Awakened" ones have sought to teach humanity.
Osho Zen Tarot teaches us to be fully ALIVE and to live with...
Published on April 11 2004 by Barbara Rose

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but very, very subtle
I bought this package some-odd years ago as my first Tarot deck and was both delighted and disappointed. The Zen approach to card interpretation makes it very easy to begin readings, but leaves you with only a vague idea of what the combination of cards means. Most people want a hint to help make a decision, not a self-help recommendation. But I agree with the book...
Published on April 6 2000 by Adam Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars The Path from Worshipping to BEING an Enlightened One, April 11 2004
Barbara Rose (BornToInspire.com) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Osho Zen Tarot: The Transcendental Game Of Zen (Cards)
Osho Zen Tarot teaches us to be fully ALIVE and to live with joy, to interact with others in compassion, to shed the ego's domain of fear that seeks to control all elements that exist outside of us, and to embrace our child-like wonder to experience life completely in the here and now.
The path to freedom is written simply, and the wisdom profoundly applicable once you are open to its teachings. Osho's own words in this breathtaking book states: "It is the capacity not to worship buddhas but to BECOME a buddha, not to follow others, but to develop the awareness within that brings a quality of light and love to all that we do."
I HIGHLY recommend this book not only for the reading you can do, but for the divine and illuminated wisdom it will bring to you so that you may live your life with the peace and joy you deserve.
Barbara Rose, author of, 'Individual Power' and 'If God Was Like Man'

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean tool for insight, March 3 2002
This review is from: Osho Zen Tarot: The Transcendental Game Of Zen (Cards)
Many of the tools available that one could use in a Jungian way unfortunately are very fear based. This is one of the few that is very very clean - I would highly recommend the system to trained readers and novices alike.

4.0 out of 5 stars An offbeat and highly intuitive deck., May 19 2004
This review is from: Osho Zen Tarot: The Transcendental Game Of Zen (Cards)
As soon as I unwrapped and shuffled this set, I did a "Celtic Cross" reading and was pretty amazed. For this first quickie "out of the box" reading, and without having read any of the commentary on the individual cards, I was gifted with a very insightful reading on my general situation at the time. It took all of five minutes. Very intuitive indeed!
The card symbolism is fresh but the artwork is, for me at least, a bit variable in quality. As far as general "feel" goes, I can only gauge by the other decks I've tried, which aren't many. The readings do seem "softer" than my work with the Rider-Waite deck -- which seems to take a pretty clear-eyed, hard-edged view of things -- and certainly less dramatic than my William Blake deck.
But while perhaps somewhat softer in atmosphere and feel than many decks, Osho Zen Tarot doesn't gloss over the hard questions. I receive quieter but still tough responses from these cards, if the situation demands it. Given its intuitiveness and "measured" feel, this deck seems especially suited for my daily one-card reading.
Other decks may have a bit more depth to them in terms of symbolic complexity and intellectual appeal, but this isn't Tarot Lite by any means. I'm probably going to save my "bigger" inquiries for other decks, but as a quick and refreshing start to your day, I think Osho Zen Tarot would be hard to beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars osho zen tarot, Jan. 9 2003
Tina McCann (Atikokan, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Osho Zen Tarot: The Transcendental Game Of Zen (Cards)
I just received my new Osho Zen Tarot deck. I've only been reading tarot for about a year now, and have started collecting decks that inspire me, I have 5 now with Osho Zen. I am always checking out different decks and their reviews. Well purely by accident I came across this gorgeous deck and the few cards they did show, were enough to make me want this deck. The whole deck is absolutly beautiful. Each card represents so much, just by picture alone. This is not a traditional deck on the outside , it has different names for all the cards ie:(thunderbolt,break through,healing) and there is one extra card (79 cards) instead of the regular 78. In the info book it shows you that the deck is based on the the four suits for the minor arcana (clouds, fire, water, rainbows) and it has the major arcana cards as well ie: (beyond illusion, no-thingness) but looking at these cards alone you would not know this.
If you are new to the tarot these cards may be tricky to read because of the modern feel to them,it would be wise to just make sure you know your basics first.
But.... If you are looking to be truly inspired then this is the deck for you, you won't be able to take your eyes off of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just your Average Fortune Telling Tool., Nov. 18 2002
This review is from: Osho Zen Tarot: The Transcendental Game Of Zen (Cards)
Do you want to have your own personal Zen Master, Guru, or Old Wise Yogi to help you along your Spiritual Growth and in life in general? Sure you do, but you ask yourself. "Where am I going to find a Wise Master in the Heartlands of America, the Deep South, or in the Rural New England?" You can find this Wise Guru deep within, as we all have Wise Spirit Guides, and with the use of these beautiful cards, you can finally harness their voice.
The Osho Zen Tarot card, is not like your traditional Tarot, but something more. Each card has a beautiful image with one single word, and when the cards are lade out in front of you, many of your questions can be answered. These cards are beautiful and good to use during your personal meditation time. I use the Osho Zen Tarot as a great tool for meditation, you know sometimes the mind wonders when we meditate, and this is an excellent way to control the mind. Ask a question as you begin to meditate and pull out one card and meditate on that certain card.
The Osho Zen tarot is good for your own Spiritual Work, or for giving readings to those who are also on a Spiritual Road. But do not confuse this deck with your average Fortune Telling Tool, or Tarot Deck, as this deck will confuse those who seek answers to love, money and material gain. The Osho Zen Tarot is a tool for inner and Spiritual Growth. The Osho Zen tarot is excellent when working with your Spirit Guides, Ancestors or Angel Guides. Place these on your Ancestral Shrine, and when ever you want an answer from your Spirit Guides or Ancestors lay the cards out, and get ready for a bit of enlightment.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most BEAUTIFUL cards that talk WITH me!, Jan. 26 2002
M. Cooke (Utah, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Osho Zen Tarot: The Transcendental Game Of Zen (Cards)
I own 11 different Tarot decks. Many of them have been my best friend. This deck is my newest purchase and immediately upon opening them I felt the messages start to talk to me. The art work is just beautiful.(simply stated, but an understaement)
The deck is a little different than the traditional decks. It has 23 Major arcana cards. One is a surprise for those who buy this deck. The court cards are marked by little arrows pointing in different positions.^><v but you get the drift easy enough.
The booklet has a short intro. then goes right into a commentarty of each card. At the end of the booklet there are a few layouts to help you along.
Overall it is soft and sweet on the eyes and easy to interpret. But....as a caution to the beginner......you may need to start with a basic deck and book to get to know the art of tarot reading in general. But if you have never read tarot befor and just use this deck it might be ok because you don't have all the other stuff to confuse you. Just let these beautiful cards speak to and with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tool for spiritual journey, Dec 22 2001
This review is from: Osho Zen Tarot: The Transcendental Game Of Zen (Cards)
Some friends are marvelous tarot readers. I've always wanted to learn tarot. The Rider-Waite would never work for me, never felt right. Then I was loaned an OZ deck under strange circumstances during a time of transformation. This deck was a key. I've learned much about myself through using this deck.
The first striking feature of the deck is the beauty of the illustrations. Some are just striking and powerful, especially with the interpretations from the book.
I do energy healing, Reiki and shamaniam. I find the OZ deck helpful to my clients and to me in giving insights into personal problems and blockages. The OZ deck is about "personal" responsibility for your circumstances, not guilt or blame, but responsibility. It shows it isn't what is happening in your life, but how you react that is important. People may not be happy with the readings from the OZ, but no one denys the power and insight of them.
To use this deck effectively requires a lot of personal reflection. This isn't a deck to be used or taken lightly and casually. This is very serious and not for fun and entertainment. The biggest complaint I've gotten about the deck is, "I hate this deck. It's far too revealing."
My only complaint is there is no provision for reversed cards. In my personal experience I've found that I can come up with reversed meanings for most of the cards though.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Osho Zen Tarot: Inspiration Meets Humor!, Nov. 10 2001
This review is from: Osho Zen Tarot: The Transcendental Game Of Zen (Cards)
The Osho Zen tarot card deck is a wonderful and highly evocative spiritual tool. These cards have a way of stirring the intuition upon first glance and promptly extracting the truth from any situation in question. My suggestion? Keep an open mind and practice regular use of these cards.
I have found them to be a wonderful guide on my Spiritual Journey. The ultra-colorful illustrations tend to evoke strong images and bring immediate clarity and accuracy to my Readings. This is especially important since I must maintain a high level of excellence at my site, Psychic-Advicespot.com ,as a professional psychic Tarot Card Reader.
There is a very special genius at work here: unlike most decks I've run across over the years, Osho Zen has a silly, yet intelligent sense of humor in its illustration of so-called negative cards like "exhaustion" and "schizophrenia". I think part of the objective behind the author and/or illustrator's humor is to help us poke fun at ourselves and not take every single thing so seriously. The cards seem to offer a "free pass" to not get bogged down by the heaviness of our concerns. Within the cards and the companion book you receive, there is the continued reminder to look at the value in each moment and to live in today (not inside the cares of yesterday or tomorrow).
Osho's visual and written text may indeed be a breath of fresh air for those who need a change from the more Westernized decks, which almost always boast cards like the "Devil","Death"and "Hanged Man". The symbolism commonly associated with the "Hanged Man", for example, is that of St.Peter or Jesus Christ's hangings. Osho contains thought-provoking Eastern ideas like the one depicted in "No-Thingness". I think you should understand what I mean once you read the card's description in the book.
Even if I weren't looking to this deck as a means of spiritual divination; if I merely wished to do casual non-professional Tarot Readings, I still would have made it a point to get the Osho Zen deck because of its amazing artistry! The intensity of color and detail is astounding! Each card is a vibrant feast for the eyes. I have seen many many decks throughout my years as a professional Reader and I still find this deck to be one of the most, if not THE most beautiful I've ever seen!
If you take your Readings seriously, I whole-heartedly suggest you choose the sometimes silly, yet highly meditative images that comprise the Osho Zen deck.(...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, GORGEOUS deck, June 6 2001
Chel Micheline "Chel Micheline" (Southwest Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Osho Zen Tarot: The Transcendental Game Of Zen (Cards)
I've never bought into the "divination" description of Tarot cards. Instead I've always thought Tarot cards were better suited as tools to lend insight into current situations. The Osho Zen deck is perfect for this task.
I have been searching for the *perfect* Tarot deck for myself for years. I've always been uncomfortable with the traditional Rider-Waite symbolism, and always thought many decks (Rider-Waite or not) were unattractive. I've never been compelled to pull any of my decks out and consult them more than once in a blue moon. There are a few decks I've found along the way I like- the Connolly deck was an early favorite, with its bright and luminous illustrations and positive descriptions, and an I-Ching deck I was given for Christmas. But no deck I have ever seen or touched has been as beautiful as the Osho Zen.
First and foremost, the illustrations blew me away. I just can't describe how beautiful they are. I went through the entire deck and and spent an hour "ooohhh"ing and "ahhh"ing over the cards. I have never seen anything quite like these cards. Their representations as well as the feel of the cards really makes me want to take the deck out and shuffle through them and read about every card. I have never felt that way about a deck before. It's so inspiring.
Although many people claim its a deck strictly for dealing with the "here and now", I disagree. In the past few days I have done several readings with the deck for insight on my own situation and have found the deck to be very helpful. The cards are *not* vague, but not entirely specific, so it allows the user to apply the meanings to their own lives.
The cost of these cards is slightly higher than most other decks, and the caption describing the deck as a "game" may prevent certain people from buying this deck- it did for me. But what a mistake that was. If you are drawn to the illustrations on the box/cover, purchase this deck. There is something very special about it. It puts other decks to shame.
Thanks, Mom, for getting this for me for my birthday!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Powers of Zen Revealed, April 2 2001
This review is from: Osho Zen Tarot: The Transcendental Game Of Zen (Cards)
When I first started tarot reading I was shown a Rider-Waite deck. I was told to go and pick a deck of my own based on the "vibes" I got from the deck. Not pictures or meanings, just feelings from the actual deck. I picked this deck from many others. I have made friends cry because of how deep these cards can go to the heart of the matter. I loved how easy the book was to use and how lovingly it was written. The art work on the cards puts everyone in awe. They help to give you inner meaning to real problems we face. They also help to see how we can change these problems and make our lives better, by first focusing on our inner spirit and outlook. Unlike other decks I have read from, the Osho Zen deck challenges you to see your problems as your own, and they act as a loving guide to change your view of yourself in the world, and then, through an inner acceptance of yourself, to change how you interact in the world. This deck really means a lot to me and my closed friends. I really recommend it to any beginner, and especially for those who are looking for a deeper meaning and better understanding of life's experiences.

Osho Zen Tarot: The Transcendental Game Of Zen
Osho Zen Tarot: The Transcendental Game Of Zen by Osho (Cards - April 15 1995)
CDN$ 34.50 CDN$ 21.74