biss Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout boutiques-francophones Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

on June 2, 2003
I was thrilled to find this book. There's something special about an Italian cookie bakery with the variety of designs and flavors. I tried four recipes. Two were good but were similar to recipes I already had: Coconut Macaroons and Anise cookies. The other two were failures: the Florentines were so thin that they separated from the almonds and the Sesame cookies were inedibly bitter. Many of the recipes use the same base ingredients which makes for easy preparation but somewhat redundant taste. I wished for the more elaborate cookies. My biggest issue was the lack of photos for visual guidance. Also appearance is a huge part of Italian cookies. I'm sure that the absence of photos kept the cost of printing down but it was a false economy. I will try more recipes in this book but will also look for others with more instruction.
on August 28, 2002
I was very excited to get baking once I got this book. It includes a nice variety of cookies. I think it would a helpful aid if pictures were included. For example, the Almond Crescents recipe calls for the dough to be shaped like a horseshoe - not quite a crescent. I was just curious what's the author's cookie looked like.
I do think the recipes are wonderful and can easily be adapted for your personal taste. I think this book will make a delightful addition to any baker's repertoire.
on November 18, 2001
This is probably the best and most frequently used cookie cookbook in my collection. The recipes are authentic Italian style cookies similar to what you would find in a good Italian bakery or coming out of grandma's oven. Maria gives interesting little anecdotes with almost every cookie recipe. I have tried almost every cookie in the book and have not been disappointed yet. With the holidays approaching, this is definitely a cookbook worth owning.
on May 14, 2001
This little cookie book is simply wonderful! I just borrowed this book from the library last week for the first time! I made the cinnamon nutmeg cookies and everyone who ate them thought they were very good! This is one cookbook I am definately adding to my collection!
on December 27, 1997
THIS BOOK WAS ONE OF THE EASIEST BAKING COOKBOOKS THAT I'VE EVER COME ACROSS. IT WAS VERY SIMPLISTIC. I TRIED ALMOST EVERY RECIPE IN THE BOOK AND WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THE RESULTS AS WAS MY STEP-FATHER WHO IS FROM ITALY. THE BISCOTTI WAS THE BEST!!!!!
on July 18, 1998
These recipes are for cookies just like my Itlain grandmother use to make. They are authentic, accurate, and great.
on January 22, 2010
I'm glad to have found a cookbook dedicated to Italian Cookies. I can't wait to start baking! There are many cookies that my mother & mother in law used to make that I loved, its nice to know that the receipes are not lost & that they will be here for generations to come. Thank you Maria for sharing your secrets!
LD
on May 22, 2014
This books cookie recipes has a lot if cookie recipes that my mom, my aunt's and my mom's girlfriends used to make. It was a beautiful surprise to see the recipes. I can still see my mom and her friends making cookies together for the holidays.
on July 10, 2014
I was hoping there were more real life pictures in the book.
on June 22, 2015