5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice for new parents

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT NECESSARY TO BUY
Published on March 26 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice for new parents, June 18 2000
This review is from: Bargain Buys for Baby's First Year (Paperback)
I have recently read this book and found many ways for it to save me money. I have three children ages 1,3,& 5 and I only wish that I would have had this book five years ago. I have found that shopping online at many of the name brand stores is cheaper than going to the store itself, I have saved up to $60 at one time. Another savings I have made is on buying things that were not necessary, I at one time thought my children's clothes could only be washed in certain children's laundry detergent, after reading this I found that it was just a more expensive way of doing it. There are instructions for making your own baby wipes, and all these things that catologs and magazines make look like they are have to haves when there are many ways of doing it cheaper or living without. I would recommend this book to all parents, whether it is your first child or fifth it is well worth the money, it pays for itself many times over!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have for First Time Moms!, June 22 2000
Megan K. (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bargain Buys for Baby's First Year (Paperback)
Thank goodness for this book! As if being pregnant isn't overwhelming enough, deciding what you need to buy for the little one can be just a mind-boggling! Leah Severson takes all the guess work out of preparing for a newborn. She has researched everything you need to know about buying clothing, furniture, bedding and everything else in between. Severson has also provided a reference area for readers to use should they have questions concerning safety regulations or product recalls. And, as expensive as babies can be, Bargain Buys includes MANY tips on ways to save money without necessarily cutting corners. Pick this book up for yourself or someone you know preparing for a newborn. Everyone has an opinion on the "must haves" for preparing for an infant. Bargain Buys provides information on all the choices available and allows you to decide for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars a "must have" for new or experienced moms, June 19 2000
This review is from: Bargain Buys for Baby's First Year (Paperback)
All along I've been buying what I thought was the least expensive baby formula, but after reading the "secret" about baby formulas in "Bargain Buys for Baby's First Year" I learned that I was actually buying the most expensive one. I've also stopped using Dreft, bottled baby water, Desitin, and "baby" sunscreens since I read this book. I was surprised to learn that many of the baby products I thought were "must-haves" were actually useless, and in some cases, dangerous. I wish I had this book before I bought my baby equipment, but even now I'm saving money on the everyday things like diapers, formula and medicines. I'll definitely buy this book for all my pregnant friends.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT NECESSARY TO BUY, March 26 2004
This review is from: Bargain Buys for Baby's First Year (Paperback)
If you have the Baby Bargain book by Alan & Denise Fields, YOU REALLY DON'T NEED THIS BOOK. First, it's not as detail as Baby Bargain. Second, the information seems to be outdated because (1) copyright is 2000 and (2)I send in for some info. per author's instruction and I got a return to sender with NO FORWARDING ADDRESS. Third, these type of books should be updated annually since we are looking for the latest information. Companies form, merge, and go bankrupt annually. If the information is not updated, how is it a good guide? I got the book because of all the five stars review I read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this book !, June 18 2000
This review is from: Bargain Buys for Baby's First Year (Paperback)
I think everyone should read this book even if you don't have any children! I have no children and I still learned a lot from this book. Leah has really done a great job telling it like it is. This book makes a great gift for baby showers.People that I have talked to have said they have saved a lot of money by reading this book. Even parents that have children already, have said the book has come in handy and useful. I think this book is a must for anyone out there that is a parent,an aunt,a grandmother or just someone that would like to know how to save money on baby items.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource!, July 4 2000
Mary Rodimel (Washington, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bargain Buys for Baby's First Year (Paperback)
What a great resource for new and expectant parents! I saved hundreds of dollars on baby furniture and accessories by reading this book before I went shopping. You'll definitely save more than the cost of the book by following just some of the ideas in it. I also liked the information about shopping online. Who knew there were so many great places on the Internet to buy baby products? Every expectant and new parent should make the investment in this book - if not for the money-saving information, for the health and safety information that I didn't find anywhere else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pays for Itself and More!, July 23 2000
This review is from: Bargain Buys for Baby's First Year (Paperback)
If you want creative ideas on cutting the expense of a new baby, take a look at this book! There are lots of clever substitutions (use puffy fabric paint on plain socks instead of buying the expensive non-skid kind!) as well as been-there-done-that advice on what NOT to buy in the first place. This book will pay for itself almost instantly, and will save you both time and money all through the first year. I highly recommend it for the kind of advice you won't find in parenting books!
Christina Raley, Managing Editor...

5.0 out of 5 stars PACKED WITH GOOD INFORMATION AND IDEAS!, July 30 2000
This review is from: Bargain Buys for Baby's First Year (Paperback)
If you want creative ideas on cutting the expense of a new baby, take a look at this book! There are lots of clever substitutions (use puffy fabric paint on plain socks instead of buying the expensive non-skid kind!) as well as been-there-done-that advice on what NOT to buy in the first place. This book will pay for itself over and over, and will save you both time and money all through the first year. I highly recommend it for the kind of helpful advice you won't find in parenting books!

Bargain Buys for Baby's First Year
Bargain Buys for Baby's First Year by Leah Severson (Paperback - June 19 2000)
Used & New from: CDN$ 4.17