5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Delight, Feb. 4 2003
zvozin (Palo Alto, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love, Freedom, and Aloneness: The Koan of Relationships (Paperback)
The book is beautiful, read it and delight in it. Don't take it seriously, rather drink it up. It is in prose (it is all transcribed talks), but leaves a distinct aftertaste of fine poetry. Besides, whatever Osho was, he was a genious in his knowledge of human psychology, and a master with words. It shows. $5 say anyone with a little attention will stumble across something eye-opening in this book.
Speaking of who Osho was, it pays to do research (I'm aiming at the editorial reviews here, naturally). He didn't flee the US - he got deported on fabricated INS charges, and there were no orgies at Rajneeshpuram. However, libel sticks. This story (a thoroughly fascinating one - how the Reigan administration got so afraid of a little Indian man that they broke a couple dozen of American laws trying to shut him down and force him out) is still awaiting an unbiased teller.
Osho belonged to the venerable tradition that says: human beings are basically consciousness. Everything else, including our bodies, and our lives, is minute circumstance. The only purpose is to help the consciousness become aware of itself (aka enlightenment), the only path there - meditation. Anything else is only used to help the people meditate, as needed. Osho spent the majority of his life promoting the cause, and certainly sacrificed lifetime for it - he died prematurely even considering his rather ill health (he was asthmatic, diabetic, and had back problems, but granted the very high level of care afforded him, the above shouldn't have killed a 59-old man).
For everything else, read the man himself. This lovely book is as good a place to start as any.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond the Mars-Venus Game, Aug. 27 2001
By A Customer
So few "relationship" books really get down to the nitty-gritty of why it seems to be true both that the "other is hell" and that we can't seem to live without some "other" in our lives, even if sometimes it's only the cat! This book does get down to that nitty gritty - without being the least bit cliche'd, new-agey or sentimental. Always insightful, sometimes ruthlessly honest, and very often funny... you'll recognize yourself in these pages often, and many many couples that you know.

5.0 out of 5 stars True love is possible, Aug. 4 2002
Who is intended in reading OSHO should me open-minded to radical thoughts. At least you don't get a feeling that he insists being in the right and planning to open everybodys eyes to the truth. His suggestions regardings the subjects LOVE FREEDOM ALONENESS sound radical in part, but they are intelligible and, above all, they can be put into action.
LOVE can only happen in FREEDOM, which does not mean 'I do what I want without thinking of what it could mean to you', but, 'I have respect for you just as you are, and, I have a high opinion of what are your needs.'
If you are asking yourself 'do I love myself? do I love my partner?' and the answer is 'yes, but...' then it would be a very good idea to deal with and spend some time on this book.
If I am able to stand my own ALONENESS, I will get to know myself. This coming to knowledge and to experience regarding myself will be of benefit to your fellow human beings and especially to your partner.
LOVE FREEDOM ALONENESS are three aspects that can not be disconnected from eachother. They will toghether create and strengthen a deep and intense connection in your relationship.
The 'true love' people are searching for is possible, indeed, but you have to take the chance to get on this way and you have to be courageous. But it will be worth the effort!

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, Oct. 31 2002
By A Customer
This book gave me a new way and a new vision of relating, by teaching me to first know and relate with my inner self and then with others. To first love myself before loving others. To get in touch with myself before trying to touch someone else's life. This book definitely presents some radical thoughts on marriage and relationships. However, do not brush them off so easily. Osho's words always carry a profound meaning and reqire a deep understanding of his reasoning and the context he speaks in.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Something real, Aug. 27 2001
By A Customer
The unusual title caught my attention. Who would connect these three words...in this sequence. I have read several books by Osho but the subject of relationship and everything connected to the issue is very well presented in this new title. Rather than the usual 'how to fix your relationship'I found real insights into the problematic. Each page has so many impacting statements, things which make you really wonder. This is a book I will give to many friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, Aug. 29 2013
this is one of osho's better books. he shows how freedom and love are related and how they spring from aloneness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing book!, March 25 2013
My first read with OSHO ever. This book captivated me with every paragraph. When I started reading it, a very transitional and important time of my life was on the move. I was going through a separation and also in recovery from alcoholism. It helped me with much spiritual growth in trusting that life and love is best served with detachment. And learning about OSHO's aloneness theory has completely transformed the way I can be still in meditation, and trust that every moment is worth living.

I recommend this book to anyone who is seeking knowledge with spiritual growth, and for those who's are not to focused on the religious aspect of spirituality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, Aug. 24 2014