march Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports boutiques-francophones Tools Family

Format: Cards|Change

on January 17, 2004
Rodney Yee's yoga card set is wonderful. Each of the cards (well made on thick, coated cardstock) has a wonderful, clear photograph of Mr. Yee in the pose, the name of the pose, recommended time for each pose, and a description/reminder of what one should be looking for in the pose. (Part of the "Feel" listing for Happy Baby Pose: "Keep your feet directly over your knees, and let them be awake and vibrant. Keep your chest broad...") The back of the card has a mediative quote. The cards are numbered and placed in order of groupings: preparatory, standing, twists, back bends, seated, forward bends, and restorative. The deck also includes suggested sequence cards for continuing your practice.
The deck has been perfect for travel.
While these cards are wonderful and easy enough for a beginner, I would encourage ANYONE beginning their yoga practice to seek out a class in their area. Taking classes with a qualified instructor (even if only a few) will help you greatly in your practice. Body awareness is a key to long, injury-free practice, and that 'understanding' is impossible to get from a dvd, book or card set. No matter what you age, size, or level of ability I encourage you to try yoga. It will change your life. Good Luck!
on March 6, 2004
This deck has helped me stay with more yoga practice more than any other tool;more than videos, books, tapes. I can design a practice that is very short for busy days or an intensive practice when I have the time. I can also spend as much time on one asana as I like before moving on, a limitation of video tapes. I used this deck when I recently traveled to a third world country where electronic equipment was not available. The cards concept is a wonderful idea for any practice.
on January 13, 2016
I have recently started attending yoga classes. I reviewed a number of the cards available on Amazon because I wanted a set to guide home practice and to take travelling. Based on the reviews, I picked this deck but I have to say I am very disappointed in them. Yes, they are lovely, maybe even inspiring cards, but I find they are lacking in basic information. They don't give any direction in terms of breath as you move into the poses for one thing. Maybe for someone with more experience, they would be fine, but not for me.
on January 11, 2015
This was a lovely deck, that I thought I would use but didn't.
on February 22, 2016
great cards
on January 2, 2016
great
on March 25, 2015
Upset. This item listed as new and it is not!