4.0 out of 5 stars overall, good read
Who wants to read a book where the protagonist does all the unthinkable? 1) slept with your friend's fiancé 2) kept on with the affair while the wedding is still on. Apparently I do.
Emily does not skip any beat and goes right to the topic. The plots and characters seem realistic, and I think that is partially why the book is successful.
I thought I...
Published on Oct. 26 2005 by smoogaboo

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Predictable
I followed recommendations by other Amazon readers and bought this book with high hopes. The concept was realistic but from the beginning I knew what was going to happen. The author tried to take the reader on a few twists and turns, the best part of the book was the last couple of chapters. I hate to start a book and not finish, especially if I have paid for the book,...
Published on Feb. 13 2011 by County Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy summer read, July 27 2011
Sheila J. Croome (Cameron, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
I must say I agree with the other reviewers that this would make a terrific movie and I can't wait for the DVD to be released in August. It's the type of story that stays with you after you've finished the book. It's an easy read but you won't want to put it down until you're finished. I rarely stay up late reading but this week I've been up past midnight. Good thing I'm on holidays!

My favourite thought from the book is along the lines that "once love is gone - we think it's replaced with hate - but that's not true - it's replaced with indifference". How very true. Think about it. I know a lot of people can relate to that statement. Enjoy this - it's well worth the time and the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Read!, July 20 2011
This review is from: Something Borrowed (Paperback)
Loved this book, waaaaay before the movie came out. This was my first EG read and it was the one that got me addicted! Emily's style of writing captivates her audience and makes you feel like you're just one of the girls, hanging out on a Friday night. BUY IT NOW..... and then buy Something Blue because you're going to be hooked!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, Feb. 11 2009
Michelle (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Something Borrowed (Paperback)
I borrowed this book from the library not to long ago, as i was looking for a new read. I didnt have much of an expectation for this book when i first borrowed it, just need something to keep me occupied during the weekend.

The beginning was great, i had a great sense about all the characters.
The book itself was a great page turner and before i knew it, it was 3 in the morning and i just finished the book...and the weekend hardly started.

This book is one of those books that all girls and even some guys should read once in a while, even if its not your cup of tea, i highly recommend this book to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book, Feb. 8 2009
Paula S. (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Something Borrowed (Paperback)
Wow !! This book is just awesome, you just dont want to keep it down until you're finished reading. It would be a great if they could have a movie made out of this novel. :):) Thumbs up !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, July 16 2005
This review is from: Something Borrowed (Paperback)
This is a soap opera type of book that will absolutely wow you! This author is the new up and coming star of the romance world. Read all of her works as well as another newcomer- Katlyn Stewart "Fire In The Ice".

Something Borrowed
Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin (Paperback - April 1 2005)
CDN$ 16.99 CDN$ 12.26