4.0 out of 5 stars overall, good read
Who wants to read a book where the protagonist does all the unthinkable? 1) slept with your friend's fiancé 2) kept on with the affair while the wedding is still on. Apparently I do.
Emily does not skip any beat and goes right to the topic. The plots and characters seem realistic, and I think that is partially why the book is successful.
I thought I...
Published on Oct. 26 2005 by smoogaboo

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Predictable
I followed recommendations by other Amazon readers and bought this book with high hopes. The concept was realistic but from the beginning I knew what was going to happen. The author tried to take the reader on a few twists and turns, the best part of the book was the last couple of chapters. I hate to start a book and not finish, especially if I have paid for the book,...
Published on Feb. 13 2011 by County Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, Feb. 11 2009
Michelle (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Something Borrowed (Paperback)
I borrowed this book from the library not to long ago, as i was looking for a new read. I didnt have much of an expectation for this book when i first borrowed it, just need something to keep me occupied during the weekend.

The beginning was great, i had a great sense about all the characters.
The book itself was a great page turner and before i knew it, it was 3 in the morning and i just finished the book...and the weekend hardly started.

This book is one of those books that all girls and even some guys should read once in a while, even if its not your cup of tea, i highly recommend this book to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book, Feb. 8 2009
Paula S. (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Something Borrowed (Paperback)
Wow !! This book is just awesome, you just dont want to keep it down until you're finished reading. It would be a great if they could have a movie made out of this novel. :):) Thumbs up !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, July 16 2005
This review is from: Something Borrowed (Paperback)
This is a soap opera type of book that will absolutely wow you! This author is the new up and coming star of the romance world. Read all of her works as well as another newcomer- Katlyn Stewart "Fire In The Ice".

5.0 out of 5 stars something borrowed, Aug. 4 2008
K. Warren - See all my reviews
This review is from: Something Borrowed (Paperback)
I loved this book and I could not put it down and it kept me turning the pages. It's a good book for anyone who's getting engaged, married, and in a relationship. I did find that Darcy was a very female doggish woman and I never liked her. She is to spoiled but was best friends with Rachel. I felt really bad for Rachel and the whole affair with Dex. I liked Rachel's character. I liked the humour throughout the novel. I did not like the minor sexual scenes. The whole love triangles were twisted and odd. I never thought that Darcy and Dexter were not gonna end up marrying one another in the end. I was surprised and disappointed that the whole engagement ring and the wedding dress and event costs became a complete waste and that so much money was spent.

I had finished this novel in only days because it was an easy read. I also liked the fact that there are book club questions to answer as an optional choice that relates to the story.

Something Borrowed
Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin (Paperback - April 1 2005)
CDN$ 16.99 CDN$ 12.26