5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!
Published on March 20 2009 by Cibc Dividend

3.0 out of 5 stars Overrated
Something Borrowed is amazing so by Something Blue will be too, right? WRONG! Darcy was whiny, manipulative, annoying and I didn't completely believe someone could become so good so quickly. I still think the guy she ends up with (spoiler alert: Ethan) is too good for her. Pretty good writing but it just could not redeem Darcy for me.
Published on Dec 30 2006 by Mars

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!, March 20 2009
This review is from: Something Blue (Paperback)
Definitely my FAVORITE NOVEL by Emily Giffin. I liked "Something Borrowed" but I loved this one waaaayyyyyyyy more. Just the fact that I had no passion on reading it before since I realized the story was being told from Darcy's point of view, the book totally blew me away. It was unexpected and so direct, what definitely would have or could have happened in real life. It's bold and honest, and sweet. Hands down, I LOVE this book. Well done, Ms. Giffin - your books are awesome.

4.0 out of 5 stars Something great!, July 31 2007
maya j (Quail Crossing) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Something Blue (Paperback)
`Something Blue' is fantastic! As we all know, sequels are generally pretty lame, but not this one. `Something Blue' picks up where Something Borrowed leaves off, and through the fabulous, witty writing of Emily Giffin, we get to again enjoy the lives of these vivid characters.

As it begins, we are re-introduced to Darcy, the self-absorbed, spoiled rotten, manipulative friend of Rachel's, who is also Dex's ex-fiancé. Initially I thought, "How am I going to make it through this book listening to her tinny whining?" But Emily Giffin's shining narrative moves so seamlessly, you suddenly realize after reading for a few hours that you're halfway through the book. The story line impeccably flows to all the right places, and I was amazed by how fresh it was. Giffin gives Rachel relatively little voice in this book, and I think Giffin was brilliant in writing her first novel from one person's perspective and the second from the other's, because NOW we have the full story- one from each side. None of the writing seems hackneyed or old; it is all very inventive and original. Not giving a thing away, Darcy's character does change into something more appealing, and even though the story might not go where you think it is going to go, there is a wonderful ending, packaged in a big box with a beautiful bow. Emily Giffin really is asserting herself as a dynamic new writer of "chick-lit" and someone to be reckoned with.

5.0 out of 5 stars You will fall in love with darcy., Feb. 11 2013
This review is from: Something Blue (Paperback)
I think I am doing a spoil alert: So review readers, beware. At first I didn't like Darcy in the first book (something borrowed). But after reading eblue I love her. I love how her life turned around and that she found the person she is meant to be with. And how that story progressed was really good.

4.0 out of 5 stars total chick lit, April 14 2013
This review is from: Something Blue (Kindle Edition)
I chose 4 stars just cause I stopped liking the main character about half way through. She redeems herself in the end but it was all a little hard to believe. Not badly written and it's a popular book, just not 100% for me. I used to enjoy chick lit as a break from heavier books but I think I am just growing out of the genre.
Good summer read, very light reading. Not a bad story, slightly unbelievable but entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!!, March 16 2013
Very sensitive and emotional book, loved it from the first page til the end!! I can't wait to read Giffin's other books!

3.0 out of 5 stars Overrated, Dec 30 2006
Mars (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, Oct. 17 2011
Sylvie Brisebois (Orlans, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Something Blue (Paperback)
Great book...laughed and cried. Loved hearing Darcy's point of view and totally think Ethan is the greatest! Excellent ending to a fun story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, Oct. 10 2011
A good read. I couldn't put the book down. Read it right after Something Borrowed. An inspirational book about life and love.

5.0 out of 5 stars READ IT, July 20 2011
This review is from: Something Blue (Paperback)
READ IT! This was the second part to Something Borrowed..... I loved how great both books were connected while this one focued more on the Darcy. As you read the book, you can see how Darcy is growing and changing and the way Emily writes, makes you feel like you're a part of their group of friends.

1.0 out of 5 stars What is all the hype?, July 10 2011
This review is from: Something Blue (Paperback)
Eye-rolling. It's clear from some of the details that the author has never lived in London. First of all, (no matter how good looking and well dressed one is) it takes ages to build relationships for foreigners in London--which btw is part of the city's charm and basement apartments are rare if at all. Also, she was pregnant with twins and was not eating and experienced little to no morning sickness and didn't find out well into her second trimester. Come on. Twins are a difficult pregnancy! Finally, and most importantly I can't believe all those men would want to date a pregnant woman. What does this say to young woman? URG. Come on......Awful book. Just awful.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Something Blue
Something Blue by Emily Giffin (Paperback - March 21 2006)
CDN$ 16.99 CDN$ 12.26