5.0 out of 5 stars Because They Hate, Dec 10 2009
T. Tower (Edmonton AB) - See all my reviews
Excellent read, a must for all who are interested on what is really behind Islam and the terror they are spreading though out the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars "This book has changed my life", Jan. 31 2007
Keith Pratt (Mississauga, On, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Because They Hate: A Survivor of Islamic Terror Warns America (Hardcover)
Never before have I been so moved by an author and her work, to find myself compelled to the point of obligation, to post this review. My very first. Many authors have written fine observations, some from first hand experience, such as Ayaan Hirsi Ali and her book "The Caged Virgin". Ms. Gabriel, an Arab Christian, will take you through her life as a little girl, growing up in South Lebanon, then thrust you suddenly into the true horrors, of what we all know happened during that time. If you are a parent, read what this child endured. If you are a compassionate soul, you will be moved to tears. If the sound of your child, screaming in distress for your help, rips your heart out, then find out why this happened to this little girl, and thousands more like her. Ms. Gabriel reminds us all, of what we should already know, but refuse to acknowledge. As of this reading, I know of no other author, who qualifies more to set us straight on this very simple question, who is the victim, and who is the aggressor? This strong, courageous women has survived what we cannot possibly imagine, and is now sharing her truth, to help us find ours. Regardless of your politics, we all owe her our respect. Please read her book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Arresting autobiography and a warning to the West, Oct. 18 2007
Pieter Uys "Toypom" (Johannesburg) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This disturbing book is similar in structure to Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Now They Call Me Infidel by Nonie Darwish, being part autobiography and part warning to the West. The autobiographical section deals with the author's childhood in Lebanon which was happy and idyllic until the war broke out in 1975. Her family experienced seven years of hell as the political war soon became a religious war against Christians waged by the PLO and Lebanese radical Islamists.

It became a nightmare of murder, atrocity and destruction. She also witnessed at first hand how the terrorists manipulate the media, for example by launching missiles from Christian towns then blaming Israel for the retaliation that followed. They played the victim card very well, exploiting the clueless or complicit mass media at every turn. A good analysis of this phenomenon is available in The Other War by Stephanie Gutmann. When the Israelis invaded in 1982, the family finally managed to escape the horror by finding refuge in Israel. There they experienced kindness and compassion; she eventually became a journalist, married an American and moved to the USA.

The second part examines the history of the global jihad and how its hydra heads are sprouting in the West. The author considers Lebanon the early testing ground for the global ambitions of the Jihadis. In this section she delves into the Koran and compares the Western with the Islamist concepts of, among others: truth, life and human dignity. Pointing out the major differences, she shows how the radicals are using Western values like tolerance, the rule of law and free speech against the West. What happened in Lebanon is starting to happen in Europe and the USA while the demonization of Israel and the USA is getting worse in the mass media of the Islamic world. For gruesome examples of this, please see Peace: The Arabian Caricature Of Anti-Semitic Imagery by Arieh Stav.

Ignorance and political correctness are contributing to the escalating danger and the fifth column in our midst are those self-loathing westerners - mostly tenured termites in academia - who blame the democracies and talk piously of the "legitimate" grievances of the terrorists. The author says we must not appease but face facts: their grievances include our freedom of speech and religion, the democratic process, rule of law and the gender equality in our societies. She also claims that moderate Muslim organizations in the USA are not as moderate as they pretend. A very important point Gabriel makes is that although most Muslims are peaceful, Islam itself is not a moderate religion. Islamic Imperialism by Efraim Karsh and The Truth About Muhammad by Robert Spencer explore the historical facts in more detail.

The book concludes with recommendations for policymakers in the West, such as the banning of hate education where it is occurring now, stricter border and immigration controls, security profiling of radical organizations and a serious effort to find alternative energy sources. Other warnings to the West include The Force Of Reason by Oriana Fallaci, Londonistan by Melanie Phillips, Unholy Alliance by David Horowitz, Menace In Europe by Claire Berlinski and While Europe Slept by Bruce Bawer. On account of her first hand experience, Brigitte Gabriel's book is a must-read for all those who care about the future of our civilization.

4.0 out of 5 stars Now we know!, Oct. 10 2013
I've been suspicious about the believers of Allah for years. This book is great for anyone who questions the motives of the radical Muslims or tries to find out if the moderates are radical

An excellent book..

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, Jan. 5 2013
This book is a real eye opener for those wanting to better understand some reasons for the unrest in the Middle East, and elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Several book and DVD reviews, Dec 20 2012
What not to love these books and DVDs? I love them that is why I ordered them. On the other hand amazon.ca had a great job to deliver them on time as promised - I guess this is really what you want to know. Your service and prices are good, this is why I keep coming back to amazon.ca.

Thanks! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Steve Fekete

5.0 out of 5 stars Knowledge is golden, Aug. 20 2007
Johnny Boy "Ivan" (Sudbury, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
I liked this book so much that I bought the cd version as well with the idea that my children and my grand-children should read or hear and understand what Islamic radicals have planned for us.Every word of this book has the ring of truth.It should be required reading in our schools.

Because They Hate: A Survivor of Islamic Terror Warns America
Because They Hate: A Survivor of Islamic Terror Warns America by Brigitte Gabriel (Hardcover - Sept. 5 2006)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01